So I ordered and Ipad pro 12.9"

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerStroke79_PE

Reaction score
So I ordered and ipad pro. With the pencil. I've been a surface pro user for years, and recently after selling it to a friend (SP3), I switched to a Samsung Tablet with S pen. Although the s pen works, its crashed on me several times and decided no more. Ipad pro 2 is supposed to be announced soon and unless there are some really new changes I probably won't exchange for it. I was really impressed with apple pencil use and decided to give it a try. Any one use the ipad pro with pencil for their work? If so, you looking forward to the iPad Pro 2? 

we have ipads for work here. a couple new people have the one with the pencil and like it. I hate apple though. It just doesn't integrate well with even itself. frustration to the max. 

how did you like the surface? Considering that for my next fun purchase, except it will be a while because life is expensive. 

When i had the surface pro 3, i loved it. Im a big fan of writing everything in digital ink. Except back then i was doing my masters and it was so useful. For work i had all my hand calcs organized in onenote for every project. But a buddy found it very useful over a week i lend it to him for exam reviews and i sold it to him for cheap. That pen only had 1000 levels of pressure and it was more than fine. OneNote however fell short and annotating PDFs on it was annoying. The cool thing was that if needed i could open revit or autocad to review a project with the office or clients, but the screen was so small it really worked best exporting to a monitor or TV . Now all i want is to be able to write and i really like the apple pencil. I have no idea how the new surface pen is since it just received 4000 levels of pressure but i want and need screen realty. The ipad has a 12.9 size and the surface pro at 12.3 or surface book at 13.3 are still not the size ide like. Im gonna work on the ipad for 29 days straight and if i have regrets i will return it on the 30th. Based on my Best Buy visits in using the pencil with ipad it will work great. 

I have an iPad Pro 12.9 with Pencil that I got shortly after it's release and I love it.  I used it a extensively with School of PE last Spring when studying.  My work laptop would kept freezing up on me with the School of PE website and our IT department could not help me except recommending that I keep re-imaging  it.  I was traveling and needed it as I was taking the weekday live sessions.  I used Photon as a workaround to iPad not supporting Adobe Flash.

It is a personal iPad, but I do use it some for work:

• Note-taking during meetings
  • Documenting job site conditions
  • Due Diligence verification
  • Approving timesheets when out of the office at a jobsite
If I am in a hotel room I never turn the TV on anymore.  I watch my iPad and get so many more choices (Netflix, Hulu, DirectTv, etc)

I started using Apple products when I became the IT department for my wife.  I just find troubleshooting is lot easier and more intuitive with Apple products. 

Back