NCEES Practice Exam Index

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trackerjacker

Reaction score
Attached is an index I made for the NCEES Practice Exam (the most current one as of this post - says Nov. 2014).  While the actual exam questions were not exactly the same as the practice exam, there were several that were similar and being able to easily find those similar problems while working the actual exam problems was pretty helpful.

(couldn't get the PDF to compress enough to meet the file size limit, so posted a jpg)

NCEES Env. Practice Exam Index.jpg

Nice index.  So if I order the NCEES practice exam it would probably be from Nov 2014?  I felt like I was missing alot of study materials without the latest NCEES practice exam.  Did you think it was helpful during the April 2017 exam?  

Yes, I believe so.  I ordered it this past January and that's the one NCEES sent me.  I think it was helpful during the exam and totally worth having.  I also thought the problems on that practice exam were harder than the actual exam, so if you can do the practice problems, you should be fine (of course this is based only on my one experience)!

I also highly recommend buying the practice FE Environmental Exam. I found some useful/similar questions in it as well and really excellent practice for knowing the basics. I felt like the real PE exam questions were worded more like the practice FE Exam than the practice PE Exam because the FE questions were more straightforward.  The practice PE exam had way more wackadoodle questions and wording than the real exam.  I thought the solutions were all fairly simple, quick and eloquent on the real exam as along as you knew how to solve it and could work through all dang conversions (so, so, so many conversions!). 

The practice PE exam had way more wackadoodle questions and wording than the real exam.  I thought the solutions were all fairly simple, quick and eloquent on the real exam as along as you knew how to solve it and could work through all dang conversions (so, so, so many conversions!). 
Agree!

Back