California PE license No.?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irap

Reaction score
Will BPELSG notify the qualified candidates that their PE certificate and license number is in the mail? 

I don't recall such a message.  I just remember finding my name/# in the look-up.  In fact, I saw my name/number, before I received my (USPS) pass letter.  I'll never forget the moment.  :D  

I don't recall such a message.  I just remember finding my name/# in the look-up.  In fact, I saw my name/number, before I received my (USPS) pass letter.  I'll never forget the moment.  :D  
@ptatohed, We all can't wait that moment and feelings to see that framed paper hanging on the wall. Any ideas how long or when the look up will be updated, perhaps this week? 

@ptatohed, We all can't wait that moment and feelings to see that framed paper hanging on the wall. Any ideas how long or when the look up will be updated, perhaps this week? 
lol, sorry I am not helping.  All I can say is 'back in my day' results and database where released/updated at about the same time.  So, hopefully you'll see the database updated soon. 

I wish they have not changed it. Making us to wait more. But once the new PE licensures are in the lookup page, are those official and be expecting to receive their wall cerficates in a few weeks?

Yes, once you see your name and have an assigned #, it is official and you are 100% a PE.  :) I think my certificate followed shortly after I showed up in the database. Hang in there.  These are good times, trust me.  :)     

Its official. My license is in the lookup page. Its time to celebrate.

Thanks ptatohed. 

Congrats to all who are now PEs... and good luck to those studying hard to become one.

I'm feeling awesome this very day!   :D .  I've been obsessively checking the license look up page and at 4:30am this morning, I finally found what I've been waiting for, my name among the other licensed engineers.  What a great moment!  Starting today, I can put ", P.E." after my name in the signature block.  Congrats to all newly-licensed engineers. 

For those that didn't make it this round, keep trying and you will get your glory day.  For what it's worth, I've been out of school for over 25 years, pushing 50, a full-time busy job with frequent travels, a sporadic part-time consulting gig in the evenings & weekends, wife and kids.  I squeezed out hour here, 30 minutes there even at the airports while waiting at the gates.  If I could do it (granted that it took me 3 times to get there), you certainly can too.  Good luck!

Expiration date: September 2017? After this date whats next? Renewal for two years?

Expiration date: September 2017? After this date whats next? Renewal for two years?
Yes, your first period is a short period.  You'll get a renewal notice.  It will be 2 year renewals after the first short period.  

Yes, your first period is a short period.  You'll get a renewal notice.  It will be 2 year renewals after the first short period.  
It all explained from email that I received today from the board, thanks. Now that its all official, where can we order our seal and stamp? I went to my local office store and asked if they do professional seal stamp, but skeptical about their process and not secured. Any secured recommendation to get the seal stamp? Thanks

It all explained from email that I received today from the board, thanks. Now that its all official, where can we order our seal and stamp? I went to my local office store and asked if they do professional seal stamp, but skeptical about their process and not secured. Any secured recommendation to get the seal stamp? Thanks
I just used one of the EB vendors here.  I don't know about 'secured' but I had no problems.  

I haven't gotten it yet, but placed my order on Friday from @PE Stamps. I'm excited to receive it!

I haven't gotten it yet, but placed my order on Friday from @PE Stamps. I'm excited to receive it!
Congrats leggo. Your PE stamps is coming soon. Like @ptatohed said, I will probably order mine online vendors here to support this forum. Everyone should do same. By the way did you used Licensed or Registered Professional Engineer in your stamp? ?

It is preferable that you use the term "Licensed" by BPELSG since "Registered" began to be phased out over a decade ago.

Congrats leggo. Your PE stamps is coming soon. Like @ptatohed said, I will probably order mine online vendors here to support this forum. Everyone should do same. By the way did you used Licensed or Registered Professional Engineer in your stamp? ?

It is preferable that you use the term "Licensed" by BPELSG since "Registered" began to be phased out over a decade ago.

Weird, because I looked around very carefully before I ordered my stamp (in 2012).  I checked as many current stamped drawings, specs, estimates, etc. as I could to see if engineers were using Registered or Licensed.  It was nearly unanimously Registered.  I happen to prefer Licensed over Registered but I just went with majority.  If I recall correctly, those who ordered their stamps around the same time as I, from the same vendor, were receiving "Registered" even if they selected "Licensed".  Anyway, I haven't stamped squat with it so what does it matter?  lol 

But, again, I do personally prefer Licensed over Registered.  Registered = Sex Offender.  Licensed = Permission to do some important $#!+  :D   

Back