Passing Score 70, Texas

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satrianic

Reaction score
Started studying couple of weeks before the exam. Went through all the practice problems. I was ready to take the exam again since I had no hope of passing.

I feel like 70 is the cut off. I think if I missed 1 more question would have failed.

Like someone said in the forum. NOT TODAY SATAN!!!

Started studying couple of weeks before the exam. Went through all the practice problems. I was ready to take the exam again since I had no hope of passing.

I feel like 70 is the cut off. I think if I missed 1 more question would have failed.

Like someone said in the forum. NOT TODAY SATAN!!!
Since you only studied for two weeks, please tell us about your background. How many years of experience do you have? Do you use NEC on daily basis? 

I have masters in electrical engineering. Have 3 and half years worth of working experience for lighting and utility design. I recently started looking for the NEC codes.

Based on some other posts with diagnostics and number of correct answers, I believe 70 is about 50 to 51 correct answers out of 80 questions...at least for this cycle. 

I wish other states would reveal the scores with the diagnostics like Texas!

Back