Completely unbiased review of PPI later today

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedawg

Reaction score
I will writing up an unbiased review of PPI later today so stay tuned for other users on this platform. 

Lol, in a nut shell, ill give you my opinion. The guy is winging it during the lessons, the professor that is, and errors all over the power points. I stopped attending this weekend, ill catch the videos during the week when i can forward all the parts when hes flipping pages making my speakers peak. Pretty dissapointed, but it is what it is. Ill do the PPI books anyways just to ply it safe. For the second time that is. 

Lol, in a nut shell, ill give you my opinion. The guy is winging it during the lessons, the professor that is, and errors all over the power points. I stopped attending this weekend, ill catch the videos during the week when i can forward all the parts when hes flipping pages making my speakers peak. Pretty dissapointed, but it is what it is. Ill do the PPI books anyways just to ply it safe. For the second time that is. 
..ouch...so glad I went with EET where the only issues I had were connection issues due to firewall settings and required AdobeConnect plugins. Sounds like this would just be adding more stress, and not make me trust what is being presented if there are so many errors and he is not confident in the material. 

..ouch...so glad I went with EET where the only issues I had were connection issues due to firewall settings and required AdobeConnect plugins. Sounds like this would just be adding more stress, and not make me trust what is being presented if there are so many errors and he is not confident in the material. 
Well, saying a little more about that. It is obvious the instructor is qualified, but that being said, it is also evident he is not prepared to give the lesson. He is reviewing problems as he encounters the power points, while he figures the problems out well and has suggestions, it is frustrating to be there waiting for him to pin point what the objective of the example is. He openly said, "i'm not an expert in structural engineering..." which really worried me, but this being the P.E. depth exam practice I can see that you don't have to be an "expert" in structural subjects. After all, lateral analysis and design for the P.E. exam does not go far into depth. I took EET previously and was very happy with it. I didn't register for the depth with them because I wanted to experience PPI. I am doing both problem sets for PPI and EET just to be on the safe side. But in terms in asking questions and getting help, material presentation and organization, EET hands down. I don't mean to disrespect. I have not finished the PPI course to judge fully, but I can say i have no interest to sit in front of the lesson for 3 to 4 hours, I would rather just do practice problems and post questions on the forums if something is confusing. 

The professor was late to start the class today. He types "man, overslep a little". LOL. Come on man.... Im positive this guy know his ****, why not be organized and get us the lesson we paid for. Respectfully, this is bull **** @PPI And flipping pages over and over again and saying hes trying to understand the difference between the adjustment factors (wood class), is something that's done before the lesson is given. 

Never took this class, but from yoyr review it sounds like PPI is preparing the presentation and the teacher is not reviewing the presentation until he's actually presenting it. 

Wow, @Hemi79! I took PPI's class a year ago, and while it didn't suit me well, I don't recall experiencing anything like what you're describing here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, @Hemi79! I took PPI's class a year ago, and while it didn't suit me this well, I don't recall experiencing anything like you're describing here.
Yeah I wouldn't think its common. I just think I had bad luck. Honestly I'm just doing the PPI Books and EET. I sent him an email on some questions from the PPI Six Minute Problems and its been more than 3 days and still no answer. Ultimately its just unprofessional. I'm surprised no one on the ppi forums posted anything. On the other hand no many post at all.  I stopped attending the class and just skip through the videos after they are posted online. 

Is there such a thing? 
Well for anyone who signs up for the class, there is a forum to post questions so that the class and professor can ineract and it facilitates  everything. I got a couple answers from other students, but the instructor never came on the forum. My real problem is him not answering my emails. And of course not having a lesson plan. 

Back