P.Engr. or P.E. or PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My boss uses RCE but I think it's because he was pre 1981 and has a PLS to go along with his PE.

Mine is in this order, so you can take the one you like..

Ph.D., P.E., LEED AP, M.ASCE

P.E. or PE is a personal preference. When in doubt, look at how the members of your state board use the post-nominal on their board websites.

Not that that matters much though. The Maryland website uses "P.E.", but the board member signature on my wall certificate uses "PE"

Never worried what I would call myself 7 minutes after I found out that I had passed the PE exam, or any other exams for that matter.
well i worried about it before taking the exam. just thought Id ask. sorry sir. please forgive me for being elated with joy for passing after studying for hundreds of hours. i shall be humble now.

Before everyone updates their business cards and email signatures, please remember that just because you passed the test, doesn't make you a PE yet. You aren't a PE until the State issues you a licence.

I'm really not trying to knock anyone down. This is YOUR DAY! But you don't want to misrepresent yourself and get into legal trouble before your license even starts.

Before everyone updates their business cards and email signatures, please remember that just because you passed the test, doesn't make you a PE yet. You aren't a PE until the State issues you a licence.

I'm really not trying to knock anyone down. This is YOUR DAY! But you don't want to misrepresent yourself and get into legal trouble before your license even starts.
roger thanks

I don't think this is something to go against the grain on and try to be unique or rare.

Same with stamp color, they may offer it in red or green or something fancy, but standard black is likely the right way to go.

I don't think this is something to go against the grain on and try to be unique or rare.

Same with stamp color, they may offer it in red or green or something fancy, but standard black is likely the right way to go.
Ok so PE or P.E. ? waht do you do?

Ok so PE or P.E. ? waht do you do?
Either would be fine there I believe, perhaps check local businesses, coworkers, etc to get the local norm...
Personally I would go with the cleaner "PE" look I think, but I am not at that point just yet to finalize it.

I use P.E. for my cards, but that is how they were ordered. No one asked me. 

P.E. wait till you have given a license number and permission from the state board before you go letter crazy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back