The wait is worse than taking the exam!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my heart drops a good few times a day thinking what if I failed and have to take the exam again
Yep.  And then I think about all the people who I'll have to tell I failed (including a couple of my **** clients who know I took it lol).

I hate telling ppl I took the test bcz just in case I don't make it... but no negative thoughts! I'm gonna pass this thing **** it lol

Yep.  And then I think about all the people who I'll have to tell I failed (including a couple of my **** clients who know I took it lol).
I hate telling ppl I took the test bcz just in case I don't make it... but no negative thoughts! I'm gonna pass this thing **** it lol

I've aged 4 months in the past 4 wks waiting.. ?
Just wait until get your license and have to stamp/sign some drawings!  Oh, and sign that check for Professional Liability insurance.  Waiting for the results is a piece of cake.

Just wait until get your license and have to stamp/sign some drawings!  Oh, and sign that check for Professional Liability insurance.  Waiting for the results is a piece of cake.
Ohh, explain this insurance or link to info?

In seriousness, I highly recommend exercising to burn off the stress. That's what I did, and I kept at it ever since. It was one of my better decisions. 

Ohh, explain this insurance or link to info?
This is determined by state statues for the most part. In FL if you work for an engineering firm then you are covered by the company policy for company work.

If you decide to stamp things on your own you will need to research all the options. No need to research until after you pass. I found out my results but did not get my PE number for several weeks. Then my certificate came even later.

The waiting only gets worse as the assumed date approaches.  I took mine in Oct 2014 and they released the results ~10 days later than normal, so I have 10 days of almost no productivity. Good luck.

I thought the PE waiting was bad, but I just found out my wife is 13 weeks pregnant.  Should find out the gender when the PE results come out.  I think the anticipation of the gender is trumping the nervousness of whether I passed or failed.  Both are pretty intense though

I thought the PE waiting was bad, but I just found out my wife is 13 weeks pregnant.  Should find out the gender when the PE results come out.  I think the anticipation of the gender is trumping the nervousness of whether I passed or failed.  Both are pretty intense though
Congrats on being pregnant. Hopefully you passed so you can focus on the baby!!

Congrats! I have a 16 month old. Made studying for my exam very difficult because I wanted to spend time with her! She just wanted to sit on my lap and color every time I sat down to study! I am praying I passed so I don't have to worry about this exam again and taking the time away from my family to study.

Back