BS in Mechanical engineering technology

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reid

Reaction score
Hello, I am currently in the process of earning a BS in mechanical engineering technology and was hoping someone with more experience than me would be kind enough to share some of the more common entry level jobs someone might acquire with that degree. i realize that there is no definitive list and it is one of the more broad fields that exists but a general list would be helpful. if it helps i know CAD, CAM, CNC and have designed probably more than most people have in my position, i have internship experience with fiber optics research, cad models and mechanical drawings of various things and public speaking and hopefully soon i will have experience with designing precision optical equipment although that has not been definitive. i live in boston if that helps.

It sounds like the emphasis of your degree was geared more towards manufacturing/machinery as opposed to building mechanical systems (i.e. HVAC).  Therefore, one path to pursue would be an entry level position in a defense contractor company or other manufacturing type of environment.  If you're interested in it you might consider applying at a specialty machine shop which would need CNC programs/material selection guys.

Good luck.

Back