Is anyone else suffering from studying relapse?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trainrider

Reaction score
It was really bad after the exam with constant urges that I needed to crack open a book again, but I constantly told myself that it was over for now.  Two weeks after the exam now, even though they have subsided a bit, I'm still thinking about it. Is this normal? How long does it last? Alcohol is helping...   :beerchug:

It was really bad after the exam with constant urges that I needed to crack open a book again, but I constantly told myself that it was over for now.  Two weeks after the exam now, even though they have subsided a bit, I'm still thinking about it. Is this normal? How long does it last? Alcohol is helping...   :beerchug:
It really gets worse after you pass the exam.  You wonder what your next accomplishment should be.  Mount Everest, running with the bulls, etc. I hope that you experience that feeling in a few weeks. :thumbs:

what is my purpose in life if I'm not studying for the PE? I guess I should learn how to use some software so I can do some actual engineering?

Nothing like existentialism humor to lighten the mood.  But then again, everything is meaningless so why bother.

a12cff60e9de9cb15adc1d1485638012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't quite know what to do with my weekends yet !!! Sobriety is not an option at this point !

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Who else has woken up in a cold sweat about a problem they answered but now realized its probably wrong?
Me. Man it was terrible. I had to get up and pour another glass of Scotch.

Glad it was the weekend.  :mellow:

Video games help. So does drinking.

My daughter was also about a year old when I took it, so being able to play with her took the most of my time though.

Back