California state exams release date update!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irap

Reaction score
Just hold your breath candidates....!

icon_updates.png
NEW AND IMPORTANT UPDATES.

• POSTED MAY 4, 2017 - Results for the Professional Geologist Examinations have been sent to candidate’s email address of record. If you have not yet received the results, please check your spam filters before contacting the Board. Results for all other California state exams will be made available in the coming weeks as they are available. Please continue to monitor the Board’s website and social media for updates.
http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/

icon_updates.png
NEW AND IMPORTANT UPDATES.

• ANNOUNCED MAY 12, 2017 - Results for the Professional Land Surveyor Examination have been sent to candidate’s email address of record. If you are waiting for your Land Surveyor results, please check your spam filters before contacting the Board. Licenses will be issued by May 19 to those individuals who have satisfied all requirements for licensure.
    All other CA state exam results will be made available in the coming weeks as they are available. Please continue to monitor the Board’s website and social media.  

I have a feeling CA specific exams will follow next week..... ?

Hmm, I wonder, is the CA PLS exam paper based or computer based? It was administered by NCEES on April 18th, so three days before the PE exam. I don't want to make any assumptions about that bearing on the PE exam results, especially because the PE exam is taken throughout the country and the CA PLS exam is only taken in CA, thus has a much smaller pool of test takers. But still! It's exciting that they are released results for others taking these sorts of exams!

Hmm, I wonder, is the CA PLS exam paper based or computer based? It was administered by NCEES on April 18th, so three days before the PE exam. I don't want to make any assumptions about that bearing on the PE exam results, especially because the PE exam is taken throughout the country and the CA PLS exam is only taken in CA, thus has a much smaller pool of test takers. But still! It's exciting that they are released results for others taking these sorts of exams!
The California state PLS is CBT and has been since Spring 2012.  It is offered across the entire country on 1 day, twice a year.

The California state PLS is CBT and has been since Spring 2012.  It is offered across the entire country on 1 day, twice a year.
This is the CA PLS, but the national PS Exam (CBT) is continuous, is that correct? 

This is the CA PLS, but the national PS Exam (CBT) is continuous, is that correct? 
Yes, the national PS exam provided by NCEES is also CBT, but administered on a continuous basis throughout the year.  Results are released every Wednesday for the exams taken from the proceeding 7 days.

Historically, do they release exam (national or survey/seismic) results before or after the board meeting?

Back