HBO now

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
anyone have this service?

We did a free trial last year and I think we used our kids xbox to stream it?

I haven't done any looking around but is there anything else new off the shelf (like a rouku) that has this yet? 

My main TV is around 7 years old and doesn't have the "smart" features & I was hoping to not have to deal with putting the xbox on the main TV?  It would be nice if there was something off the shelf I could go buy (like maybe a new DVD player that would have this built in like Netflix?)

My other TV is in the office and is hooked up to the computer so I can make it work from that one.

Is an amazon fire stick a one time purchase or another nickel and dime fee a month?

One time.  You don't need an Amazon Prime subscription to use apps other than Amazon Prime downloads.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a proud owner of a Roku. For the $30 I paid for it, I'm happy with it. I've had it for almost 2 years and it is still going strong.

10-4 that will work for me!  Thanks~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RoKu and Fire stick both rock! I get lost in all the apps that are available on the RoKu.

Fire stick is pretty good, but be sure to get an HDMI extension cable for it (the one provided is really short)! :thumbs:

Not sure about the Roku or Chromecast, but I know the Fire Stick has the HBO Now app and it also has the potential to run "other stuff" that makes HBO Now unnecessary.

we stream HBO Now using chromecast to watch it on the tv or just direct from the ipad if the internet in the hills has gone to sh#t.  there's some good stuff on there.  Got it originally for Game of Thrones, watching Veep which has really creative cursing, and now The Leftovers which is by the folks that did Lost and I hope to hell it has a logical ending.  Watched Westworld and Deadwood, Six feet under, I have no use for Curb Your Enthusiasm though. There's a bunch of movies available on there.

Back