Impact of childhood TV shows

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canadagoose

That's preposterous.
Reaction score
Do you ever come upon an old tv show or movie and suddenly realize it's actually affected you a lot?  Like, watch White Fang as a kid, buy malamute as adult.  I guess the ultimate would be your spouse looking like someone you thought was hot.  Anybody marry a Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

It's a toss up between MacGyver and SpiceTV.

greatest-american-hero-featured_edited-1.jpg

I have already said too much.

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team."

FYI, Me-TV is not just local as it's included on my RCN cable and I also get it over the air in Boston.  I watch it all the time.  MacGyver is a tool.

We're currently watching Full House after my kids fell in love with it over Christmas break. They bought the box set with their money from Christmas and we've been working our way through the show. It's amazing how many of the shows I remember even though it's been well over a decade since I had seen any of the shows. I've tried to get them started watching Andy Griffith and while they like it okay, Mrs. Ble is not impressed with it. After all these years I still haven't completely converted her to southern. 

We're currently watching Full House after my kids fell in love with it over Christmas break. They bought the box set with their money from Christmas and we've been working our way through the show. It's amazing how many of the shows I remember even though it's been well over a decade since I had seen any of the shows. I've tried to get them started watching Andy Griffith and while they like it okay, Mrs. Ble is not impressed with it. After all these years I still haven't completely converted her to southern. 
Andy Griffith?!?! What's next Gomer Pyle, USMC?

If you're going for retro go for I Dream Of Jeannie or Gilligan's Island.  something for the whole family. ;)

Who else is whistling the Andy Griffith Show theme song in their head now?

(car drives by too fast)

Gomer: Citizens Arrest! Citizens Arrest!

Andy: Gomer you cant do that......

Ya.  Scary how much of our decision making process is probably based off tv show scenarios that we never saw in real life.

Back