HVAC & R

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ky88

Reaction score
How did everyone feel about this exam? Confident? Similar to Ncees practice exam?

I think it was fair. Probably a bit easier than the NCEES practice exam, too many ASHRAE questions though. 

I felt really confident on the morning portion and fairly confident on half of the afternoon portion. The afternoon portion was definitely more difficult for me, but I was able to narrow it down to atleast 50/50 chances on the problems I wasn't sure of. I don't feel terrible about it, but I don't feel confident about it. I felt pretty dumb after going through the whole morning portion using the fine print psychometric chart in ASHRAE Fundamentals, I didn't notice the blown up one on 11x17 attached at the back of the answer booklet for use until I had already finished all the morning problems and was looking through the remainder of the pages in the answer sheet.

I think it was fair. Probably a bit easier than the NCEES practice exam, too many ASHRAE questions though. 
I agree. It was definitely easier than NCEES practice. They didn't even have any refrigeration problems!

I printed around 50 psych charts and was disappointed to find that I could write on them though.

I had a Psych Chart in the back of my book but it was for 5000 ft elevation so I ended up not using it.

Back