PE certification for Overseas Engineer

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbarwal

Reaction score
Hello Friends,

I am new to this forum. I am a structural engineer with 10+ years of experience. Currently working in GE Power (India). I did my graduation in civil engineering from India. 

I am planning to have a PE certification. Can I apply for this?

First of all my education credentials. How to validate it?

Second is about FF exam. I think, I have to give FE exam.

Last is about state. Which state shall I choose? 

Looking for your kind support. How should I proceed? Please guide me.

Thanks.

SBarwal

You have to apply to NCEES to get your credentials evaluated. For that you need to spend around $300 ( could be a bit less or more) and ask your school to send the transcripts directly to NCEES. NCEES will let you know whether or not you meet the education criteria. Your 10 years of experience from India may not count as almost every state only considers engineering experience obtained within North America; US and Canada. Moreover, I am unsure whether there are NCEES test centres in India for the FE exam, so there's another hurdle for you to cross, and you certainly need to be in the US to write the PE exam. The criteria to become a PE is almost synonymous for every state except that a few states like California and Illinois have a more stringent criteria. Hope this helps. 

Thk Mush...In my experience, I worked 5 years in Americam MNCs like CH2M, GE Power. Yes you are right, no center in India. I will come to USA  for exam. 

Back