CA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJ_structural

Reaction score
So I believe in the past CA has released the results for the state specific exams (such as Civil Seismic and Surveying) at the same time as the National 8hr exam results.

With CA decoupling the PE exam for this cycle, does anyone think that will impact the release date for the state specific exams (positively or negatively)? I feel that since the state exams are computer based and they've decoupled the PE, there aren't a lot of good reasons to not release the state exam results earlier (unless I'm missing something).

Assuming everything is released at once, I'm guessing May 31st or June 1st.

Thoughts? 

Relax, results will come when they come.  In a year+ from now, it won't matter if you got your results in May '17 or June '17.  I promise. 

I have no real idea when CA will release the results for the seismic and surveying exams. I remember @CAPLS having some idea about when to expect these results, but if I am remembering correctly, the state still goes through its own collection and analysis of the data, so results are not released immediately.

Personally, I am hoping that CA will not be so late to release the PE exam results now that they have decoupled the exam from needing board approval to take it! Maybe, just maybe, will CA be a first day release? That's probably too much to ask!

Someone on another thread mentioned that posting pictures of Spock seemed to help him pass, so I figured I'd just cover all my bases and try to bring some good juju to the CA results....

mr-spock.jpg

By my guess, we've only got 2 more weeks until the results come out.

Who's getting excited???    :bio:

Hello guys. I heard that it is possible that California will release the 8 hr at the same time as everyone else and the state exams will come later because of the decoupling.

I was hoping CA specific exams to be release this week, since the result of the CA Professional Land Surveying exam which is based on CBT was released last week May 12, 2017. I guest more waiting days for all candidates. ☹️ 

spock-face.jpg

So I believe in the past CA has released the results for the state specific exams (such as Civil Seismic and Surveying) at the same time as the National 8hr exam results.

With CA decoupling the PE exam for this cycle, does anyone think that will impact the release date for the state specific exams (positively or negatively)? I feel that since the state exams are computer based and they've decoupled the PE, there aren't a lot of good reasons to not release the state exam results earlier (unless I'm missing something).

Assuming everything is released at once, I'm guessing May 31st or June 1st.

Thoughts? 
I hope you will pass. Can you advice me from where I can get the CA state specific exams references material, I do not have money to purchase it instead I will print it from pdf files.

I hope you will pass. Can you advice me from where I can get the CA state specific exams references material, I do not have money to purchase it instead I will print it from pdf files.
For reference materials for the survey exam, you should be able to get away without spending much money. I'd recommend getting:

• Subdivision Map Act, Professional Engineers Act, and Board Rules (download from CA website)
  • FS and PS exam reference handbooks (free download from NCEES)
  • Pick up an old surveying textbook (not much has changed over time, so something that is 5-10 years old should still be helpful and should be cheap online or at a used book sale)
  • Download some general geometry and trigonometry references from online, these come in handy
For reference materials for the seismic exam, I don't think you'll be able to avoid spending some money unless you find references to borrow. You pretty much need ASCE 7-10 and the 2015 IBC or 2016 CBC. Since the exam was just updated for the new codes, I would not recommend trying to use an old codes. Also, there's probably not a lot of good free references available online yet since the codes are still pretty new. I also bought the Hiner Seismic Design Review book which I found very helpful.

For reference materials for the survey exam, you should be able to get away without spending much money. I'd recommend getting:

• Subdivision Map Act, Professional Engineers Act, and Board Rules (download from CA website)
  • FS and PS exam reference handbooks (free download from NCEES)
  • Pick up an old surveying textbook (not much has changed over time, so something that is 5-10 years old should still be helpful and should be cheap online or at a used book sale)
  • Download some general geometry and trigonometry references from online, these come in handy
For reference materials for the seismic exam, I don't think you'll be able to avoid spending some money unless you find references to borrow. You pretty much need ASCE 7-10 and the 2015 IBC or 2016 CBC. Since the exam was just updated for the new codes, I would not recommend trying to use an old codes. Also, there's probably not a lot of good free references available online yet since the codes are still pretty new. I also bought the Hiner Seismic Design Review book which I found very helpful.
Thank you for this valuable informations, I offer you purchase all your material after you pass the exam"I pray for you to pass" . I want contact you. Here is my email:[email protected]

Does CA usually release results after a board meeting? The reason why I'm asking is because the latest BPELSG newsletter mentions that in their June 1st meeting in Eureka, there will be an "Update on Spring 2017 Examinations".

The meeting agenda can be viewed here --> http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/about_us/meetings/agendas/20170601_agenda.pdf

Section VI
would be a bit weird for their update to be, "we are releasing the results 1 week in the past"

it sucks but looks like the week of june 5th will be the target week for cali

also what the hell is going on in this code referenced in XIV.(B) http://codes.findlaw.com/ca/government-code/gov-sect-11126.html

It's saying the board has no control over handling results or something to that effect?

Back