Cast Your Pod Here!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User1

Reaction score
I'm gearing up for a longer commute and have never gotten into podcasts. I want to start! And there are so many out there that I thought there might be some interest in sharing! 

Cheers!

Hooray for podcasts! I highly, highly recommend Snap Judgment. Its tagline is "stories with a beat", and I have never found a better story-telling podcast than this one. The Moth is a really good story-telling podcast, too!

The TED Radio Hour is also a good one for interesting pieces of information. Serial is a highly regarded podcast about specific violent crimes.

Comedy Bang! Bang! (silly comedy/character improv)

ReplyAll (two tech nerds talking about internet-y stuff)

2 Dope Queens (stand up comedy/girl talk)

Freakonomics Radio (learn stuff about how the economy/world works)

Radiolab (hella well produced stories about interesting science-y stuff)

Radiolab Presents: More Perfect (again amazingly produced stories of historic Supreme Court cases)

Revisionist History (Malcom Gladwell's version of you think you know, but you have no idea)

This American Life (NPR short stories about life in America)

My Favorite Murder (two funny women talking about murder)

Hidden Brain (Psychology/Sociology stories)

Nothing on computer technology, electrical engineering, or Star Wars??? :huh:

I'm out.

The Adventure Zone (Highly recommended)

Stop Podcasting Yourself

Hardcore History

My brother, my brother, and me

Well what topics are you interested in?
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I'm entertained by many things so I was hoping people would just share their faves so the post can be valuable to anyone, not just myself

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

You Look Nice Today

They haven't put something out in years, but their old stuff is SOLID GOLD

Joe rogan is a good one for a variety of topics. Hardcore history is good if you like history. Money girl is a good one for personal finance. Mad money for investing advice and strategies.

Hardcore history is good if you like history.
I like Hardcore History because I'm not into history, but Dan brings it to life in a very interesting way. The downside is he can get super involved, so the episodes end up super long. The WW1 series that just wrapped up was what, 23 hours across 6 episodes?

Well a lot happened that changed the world permanently and setup future events. I was sad that he skipped through the surrender negotiations because ww2 could have been avoided if those talks went a little differently.

56 minutes ago, thekzieg said:
Comedy Bang! Bang! (silly comedy/character improv)

ReplyAll (two tech nerds talking about internet-y stuff)

2 Dope Queens (stand up comedy/girl talk)

Freakonomics Radio (learn stuff about how the economy/world works)

Radiolab (hella well produced stories about interesting science-y stuff)

Radiolab Presents: More Perfect (again amazingly produced stories of historic Supreme Court cases)

Revisionist History (Malcom Gladwell's version of you think you know, but you have no idea)

This American Life (NPR short stories about life in America)

My Favorite Murder (two funny women talking about murder)

Hidden Brain (Psychology/Sociology stories)

Radiolab is one of my favorites!  

33 minutes ago, apford said:
You Look Nice Today

They haven't put something out in years, but their old stuff is SOLID GOLD

YES!  I used to listen to this one back in 2008 or something, and yes it is pretty awesome.  I got excited when I saw a new episode in 2015, but sadly it was the only one.

Here are some other ones I listen to:

The SoundCast - If you're into movie scores

Code Switch - Race, culture news

Planet Money - Stories about the economy - my favorite was about a woman who made $16K a year, yet managed to go on vacation by getting an interest free loan from a bank.

The Sporkful - Topics such as, "Is Cereal a Soup?" 

CAGcast - Video game news

Retronauts - Classic video game podcast

Wait, wait, don't tell me... - Game show using news topics

How did this get made - This one has had me lol during several episodes.  They discuss critically panned movies and make fun of them.  It helps to watch the movie before listening to the episode, but I just listen to the ones discussing the movies I've already seen.

Afterbuzz After Show podcasts - Discussion on the latest TV show episodes

These are also pretty highly rated but I haven't listened to them yet: Serial, S-Town, Missing Richard Simmons

Radiolab is one of my favorites!  

YES!  I used to listen to this one back in 2008 or something, and yes it is pretty awesome.  I got excited when I saw a new episode in 2015, but sadly it was the only one.

Planet Money - Stories about the economy - my favorite was about a woman who made $16K a year, yet managed to go on vacation by getting an interest free loan from a bank.

How did this get made - This one has had me lol during several episodes.  They discuss critically panned movies and make fun of them.  It helps to watch the movie before listening to the episode, but I just listen to the ones discussing the movies I've already seen.

These are also pretty highly rated but I haven't listened to them yet: Serial, S-Town, Missing Richard Simmons
Jason Mantzoukas is one of my favorites. He's a frequent guest on Comedy Bang! Bang!

1 hour ago, MetsFan said: Radiolab is one of my favorites!   YES!  I used to listen to this one back in 2008 or something, and yes it is pretty awesome.  I got excited when I saw a new episode in 2015, but sadly it was the only one.

Jason Mantzoukas is one of my favorites. He's a frequent guest on Comedy Bang! Bang!
Oh really? Nice, I'll have to add that to my list.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

This was a good one first time around.  Haven't heard the latest:

On Above & Beyond, former Seattle Seahawks quarterback and 710 ESPN Seattle host Brock Huard talks one-on-one about trials and triumphs, struggles and perseverance. Listen to intimate stories about how champions dealt with their greatest professional adversities. It's stories of faith beyond just a sound bite. Every two weeks. To sponsor a child in need visit www.compassion.com/above.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/podcast_results/?sid=1154&n=Above and Beyond

Ear Biscuits - If you like Good Mythical Morning on Youtube they have a podcast .  I don't really like the interviews, but Rhett and Link just talking cracks me up.

Prager U - Great, short conservative talks.

Myths and Legends - This is a great story telling podcast.  Kid friendly until they get into Zeus's exploits.

The way I heard it - Mike Rowe telling interesting short stories.  Only one or two have been less than kid friendly.

Stuff you should know - Very interesting discussions about all kinds of things and mostly kid friendly.  

Matt Walsh and Glenn Beck - Walsh has a weekly 30 min podcast and of course Becks daily radio show only without the commercials. 

Great topic-

Radiolab and This American Life are my favorite.

I can't believe Sword and Scale hasn't been mentioned.  It's a true crime podcast which has great producing, and all the backlog is online-there is a ton of content.  It's dark but fascinating.

Back