There's something seriously wrong with Bill Nye

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audi Driver P.E.

Reaction score
If you haven't seen the vid, I'm sorry...  I'm not linking you to it.  It's a bit um... disturbing.  I remember when he was on the show "Almost Live!".  It's been a long slide from those days, it seems.

What the H are you talking about?  I love Bill Nye, don't ruin that for me!  :eek:P  Seriously, what did he do?  Wear a neck tie instead of a bow tie?  ;)  

Is it the one where he said the only way to save the planet was to only eat plants?

I have no idea what his new show is like, but plenty of Southern Californians can testify that there's something seriously wrong with Bill Nye. I volunteered at an event he spoke at and he was a complete ass to me. He used to be my idol before that. He's also frequently found in the swing dancing and basketball scenes around Pasadena, and is known for being a poor sport and jerk. There's my Bill Nye Sucks rant for 2017.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nye has turned into an environmentalist wingnut.  I'm not sure what his latest tirade was about, but it wouldn't surprise me if its over just that.

...but yet he is THE guy to ask questions about our global climate for the left.  I know people love to say there is a difference between weather and climate, but I'm sorry, if you can't tell me with a better degrees of accuracy than 50-50 what the weather will be like next week, don't expect me to believe you know what the weather was like 10,000 years ago. 

...but yet he is THE guy to ask questions about our global climate for the left.
Of course.

if you can't tell me with a better degrees of accuracy than 50-50 what the weather will be like next week, don't expect me to believe you know what the weather was like 10,000 years ago. 
Which is the #1 reason for most of the skeptics.  It's not necessarily that the climate isn't changing, it's that you have absolutely no way of verifying that your models are accurate.  Consequently, you have no baseline to determine what the changes are, or whether man-made emissions are having any discernible effect.  There also seems to be little agreement on which models should actually be used.

I suppose if you want you can google/youtube "My Sex Junk - Rachel Bloom - Bill Nye Saves The World"

I honestly think the deliberate ignorance of the American public combined with the influx of pseudoscience "muddying the waters" has driven him crazy. He really does know his ****, and knows who to talk to when he doesn't. Having to constantly "debate" science facts with a general population who need warning labels telling them coffee is hot has essentially pushed him to the "extremism" side of things. He's now painted as a fanatic and many people will automatically dismiss any point if he's trying to make it.

Climate science is not an exact science, but we do have a planet with millions of years worth of data that scientists have been analyzing for centuries. Have theories evolved? Of course they have, that's the basis of the scientific model. Hypothesize, test, observe, repeat. When multiple tests performed by different people generate the same results, a scientific theory is generated. Again, the deliberately ignorant public mis-uses the term theory, "Evolution is *only* a theory..."  Yes dipshit, evolution is a theory, gravity is a theory too, so why don't you fly away.?" 

[emoji1]
3fe424ba65ee8866d5cf0acc0aadefc1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

The problem so many celebrity's face is that after years of being told how great they are they begin to equate fame with intellect.

The man has a BS in mechanical engineering but because he is the "science guy" people are asking him about the climate. Perhaps we can get the actor who portrays Sheldon Cooper to weigh in on it as well. 

Back