knight1fox3

Electrical PE Exam - Apr. 2017

105 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Trademark04 said:

Failed, but not surprised. I worked instead of studied ahead of this exam...So I'm an AE (consulting engineer) and i took the power exam because the prep materials for the AE test are terrible. Below are my diagnostics....

Not being an EE and not practicing circuit analysis, no shock there. 

What would be the best resources for measurement and instrumentation and Transmission system analysis?

The few code questions I did not get i'm sure are related to the transmission code. 

diag.PNG

I can't see the diagnostic report. It shows up as a broken link. I passed the A-17 EE Power Exam and I can give you some tips if I could see the diagnostic.

Thanks

Passed. Thanks everyone here who helped me. 

1 person likes this

I passed too! So happy and relieved!  Thank you to everyone on this site, your support was a huge help!

1 person likes this

Passed from Wa. State. Frequent observer here, but I thought I'd share my story.

I started studying in December, spending about 1-2 hours 3 times a day, and taking 8 hour blocks on the weekends (Graffeo, CI were my main source). I felt confident until I took the official NCEES practice exam towards the end of March and failed. Spent most of April making the reference binder and not really studying (was getting tired of studying and waiting til April 21). Came out of the exam thinking I probably failed because my reference binder, which I spent a lot of time on, ended up being useless. There were lots of my strong suits that did not appear at all, while a lot of topic questions I had not covered well did. I still don't know how I feel about the exam even after passing. Thinking about the way I started giving up on studying as it came close, I probably didn't deserve to pass. But I am glad nonetheless. There's a nice local wine bottle I've been saving for this occasion, and I think I will celebrate with my fiancee tonight. 

To end this, I am very glad to have found this site, as many references and problem solutions here helped me along the way. This was the first source I ever found (and the best) since I decided to register in December. Curiously enough, I went to reddit to link up to this website. Couldn't have done without everyone's help here!!

P.S. Since I passed... I'm selling all my shit! CI, official practice exam, textbooks, etc. PM if you want! (I'll keep my 2017 NEC)

1 person likes this

Congratulations to everyone who passed! To those that didn't, take a few weeks to get rid of all the negative energy, reflect on what you can improve, and then start again with confidence!!