Pencil

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope I didn't violate the pencil policy !!

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

I was dissapointed on the color too. When i asked the proctor if i could take my neighbors pencil in the end, after he left it, she very rudely said, "please leave your pencils on the table!" 

I was like ok sure the color sucks anyways! Of course not out loud. Proctoring was horrible. 

I was dissapointed on the color too. When i asked the proctor if i could take my neighbors pencil in the end, after he left it, she very rudely said, "please leave your pencils on the table!" 

I was like ok sure the color sucks anyways! Of course not out loud. Proctoring was horrible. 
- 5 points for leaving the pencil.

Are people going for surveyors allowed to bring their own #2 pencil? For NJ exam, we had a few people taking the state specific exam for Surveying who started with us but only had 2 hours to complete the exam.  During the instructions, there was a few instructions directed just towards them, 1 of which said it's okay if their pencil was wood.  I know of all the general security protocols for the FE and PE (only pencil/eraser they provide, certain calculators allowed, no hooded sweat shirts, no sweaters/jackets on back of chair etc.), but is there something about mechanical pencils that would give them an advantage on the test, or do they bring their own pencils?

really? ****! must be new proctor. My proctor told me to keep it for the horrible memories. quite a jokster. He's been a proctor for a while.

You're definitely allowed to take your own pencil... Maybe not others?

And my pencil in October 2016 was black. Not green. Lame!

In NJ, they've never addressed it either way for the multiple times I took the FE exam and when i just took the PE exam. If they wanted them to stay, I would think that they would include it in the instructions, and they would have collected/counted them when they collect/count the exam booklets and answer sheets. 

@ptatohed, does this align with your theory? :dunno:
Thanks for waking me up k1f3.  I forgot to even check in and see what the April '17 pencil color was. 

Yup, as my (90+% accurate?) NCEES pencil color predicting theory holds, April of 2017 would have / should have been blue.  :D

April of an Odd Year = Blue

October of an Odd Year = Red

April of an Even Year = Black

October of an Even Year = Green

I remember when I took the pencil and paper FE the proctor said to turn in the pencil when we turned in the reference book. I just told them I wanted to keep it as a souvenir and they let me. I think they didn't want to get into an argument over a pencil, lol

This time around they said nothing and I just kept my pencil.

When I took my paper/pencil EIT, they let us keep the pencils and they let me keep 2x of the reference books that they provided! I shared them with others that had not taken the EIT. Since you cannot take anything into the EIT, there is no way to add material to your book for exam use.

On the PE exam on Friday - they told us we could keep our pencils if we wanted. We were also allowed to keep jackets on the back of our chair. (saw a comment above that someone said you can't do that). The only thing we couldn't do was keep a water bottle on the table, which makes sense.

Back