Oughtred Co TFS practice exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevill24

Reaction score
Has anyone done the free oughtright co practice exam? I'm doing the 40 afternoon TFS questions, but have not bought the solution book. Im considering buying the solution, but is it just me or is this exam riddled with errors?

I started this exam last weekend and stopped about 3/4 the way through. There are a lot of errors and some strange problems, some of which are quite time consuming. Ultimately I decided my last few days of studying are more effectively spent on more realistic exam type questions and so I stopped doing it. 

It is absolutely riddled with errors!   It's probably too late now but buy the solutions if you plan on doing these problems.   Without them, you won't even find the errors.    I only did the AM section when I prepped for the exam last year.   Like you, I did them just a few days prior to the exam.  

I did feel working thru the problems was very beneficial to me despite the frustrations between the questions and solutions.   I thought the breadth TFS problems for oughtright, specifically the fluids ones, were more realistic to the problems I saw on the exam than the other material I used for prep (but I was a MDM depth).

Thanks for the feedback from both of you.  Starquest, I actually discovered oughtredco from your post in the "How I Passed the Thermal / Fluid PE exam" thread so I figured I would check it out.  I thought there were quite a few questions on the TFS breadth session that seemed like good practice problems, but as both of you pointed out there were a lot of errors.  I considered buying the solution, but decided not to.

Back