MORE EET Praise....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockyTop PE

Reaction score
I know there have been a ton of topics written on this, but I have to provide my two cents.  I took EET almost a year ago, but due to unexpected life events (most notably my wedding and being told I was 3 weeks short of the 4 year experience requirement last April) I am just now taking the PE in April 2017.  Even though I took the class a year ago I cannot begin to say how much EET and Nazrul have TRULY helped me study for this exam.  The EET binders, practice problems, and lectures are absolutely amazing and I'm understanding some things better than I ever did in college.  Now with a little over a week to go and an extensive self study of the EET binders for the last 3 months I feel like I actually know what I'm doing going into this exam.  I tried to start studying using the CERM and Goswami, but NOTHING compares to what this class provides.  Anyone who is getting ready to take the P.E. exam, especially if you are taking the water resources depth, take the EET class!!

Good luck to everyone next week and I can't wait to celebrate with everyone who passes in 8-10 weeks!  Hopefully I'm celebrating too ha...

Matt

@matt267 PE I just thought of something.  Obviously you cannot, under any circumstances, write in your reference materials during the test, so how are you supposed to pull numbers for exam questions from charts in the EET binders?  For example, if I am using the Moody diagram or some of the charts provided by EET for HW and TW depths, how can I obtain the number without writing in my reference books?  Probably a dumb question, but just curious what you did to get around that.

Thanks,

Matt

@Civil_ENGR_Matt, certainly not a dumb question. You might want to bring a straight edge to help you stay inline when reading charts and graphs from your reference material. But, chances are, if you need to use the Moody diagram (or something like it) it'll be included in the exam book.

So if nomographs are needed they will be provided? Good to know. Saves some time.

I took some notes in my binder in pencil and worked most practice problems in pencil. I hope it's not an issue. Should I go through an highlight all of them or something so it doesn't look like I wrote in there?

Should I go through an highlight all
@Jbone27

That's up to you.

This have been debated many times over the years here.

I made sure all my notes were in pen or highlighted pencil when I took the exam. There are active members here that say they didn't bother. My theory was that I didn't want to risk bringing my pencil near my notes and have a proctor question me.

Like I said, it's up to you. But it can't hurt. While you're reviewing your notes this week, just highlight pencil marks as you go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting development this weekend after sitting down to take the full 2014 NCEES practice exam.  Prior to taking the practice exam I was under the impression that my "strength" was water in the afternoon; however I actually ended up scoring better on environmental than water.  NCEES caught me with a couple of sneaky caveats in the problems, but I ended up scoring 37/40 on the morning and 31/40 on the afternoon.  If the actual exam is similar in difficulty I think I'm in a pretty good place leading up to the exam.  I definitely need to brush up on a few things, but all in all the exam was what I was expecting thanks to EET.  As far as the morning practice exam goes I was surprised at how few structural questions there were and that most of them were theoretical and required very few calculations.  I assume this won't be the case for the real exam.  Anyone else taken the practice exam and have similar or different thoughts?

@RockyTop,

I felt the practice exam and the real thing were close in difficulty for the PM portion. I felt the real AM exam was harder than the practice AM. But other exam cycles reported the opposite. 

@matt267 PE I just thought of something.  Obviously you cannot, under any circumstances, write in your reference materials during the test, so how are you supposed to pull numbers for exam questions from charts in the EET binders?  For example, if I am using the Moody diagram or some of the charts provided by EET for HW and TW depths, how can I obtain the number without writing in my reference books?  Probably a dumb question, but just curious what you did to get around that.

Thanks,

Matt
I brought two small engineer scales with me just in case I needed to use them to line up two values on a chart or graph. if you need to trace over something to get to a value just make sure you push the lead back into the pencil before doing so ;)

Thanks Matt. I'll go through and highlight what I can and hope for the best. 

I didn't sit down and take the NCEES exam like I did the EET practice exams but I did review them. If that's the difficulty we can expect then I feel a little more confident. I'll be using the EET difficulty as my basis just in case. 

Back