TouringPlans.com

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope but booking directly through disney was cheaper than what a travel agent could get.  They couldn't even get a room with a king size bed, direct through disney could. 

Download the Disneyland apps (I think there's a separate one for each park)! They have real-time waits listed for each ride and you can filter what the map shows (rides/bathrooms/restaurants/fast pass/giftshops).

just remember that the "fast pass" is all done via the app and you can book your fast passes up to a week before you set foot on Disney (which I think is crap) but if you don't you will be waiting on tons of lines and not have any available "fast passes"  we learned that the hard way last spring..

I've used that one before. 

The bonus to touring plans is it takes historical data and optimizes what you want to ride/see so that your time in line is minimized. It's pretty slick, really. I just was looking for an engineering testimonial. :)

just remember that the "fast pass" is all done via the app and you can book your fast passes up to a week before you set foot on Disney (which I think is crap) but if you don't you will be waiting on tons of lines and not have any available "fast passes"  we learned that the hard way last spring..
I think that's just in Florida. Disneyland is still old school with paper FP. 

10-4  I think it should go back to that way (paper FP) because the Disney nerds have totally out gamed everyone else.  I would just double check that before you get there.  we got there at park opening and didn't have a "FP" available till 9:30 PM!

you should really go see the one in Florida one day.. if you can catch it when its not peak season its actually pretty cool, and I F'n hate Disney!

I have never taken the family to any Disney attraction.  I went to Disney Land in CA when I was in my 20s, for a special adults-only night that was hsoted by an LA morning radio show.  You could buy beer and ride the rides buzzed.  No kids allowed.  Space Mountain when you're lit up is pretty nauseating, but cool.

We used the touring plans back in 2009. I will say that it definitely streamlined seeing the sights and riding the rides.

we lucked out the time we went was an off week.  all the shuttle drivers we had said the same thing.  hotels were empty the park was empty, they were bored.  The longest wait was about 20 minutes and that was for a star wars thing...but being limited to little kid rides probably helped.  if we go again minisnick will be old enough for the real roller coasters so mr snick will be stuck going to Tea parties and princess stuff with snickette since he can't do roller coasters.  

We used the touring plans back in 2009. I will say that it definitely streamlined seeing the sights and riding the rides.
This is good to hear. I liked that it shows an optimization and gets us through things. It looks like it requires a bit more walking, but less standing. 

10-4  I think it should go back to that way (paper FP) because the Disney nerds have totally out gamed everyone else.  I would just double check that before you get there.  we got there at park opening and didn't have a "FP" available till 9:30 PM!
I was at Disney Florida a couple years ago and they were using the FP then.  This was near the roll out of the system and you were only allowed to 'reserve' 3 events I think.  Once you used them you had to go to kiosks around the park to reserve additional FPs since the app didn't allow it.  

Yes but all 3 of ours would not have been available till 9:30 pm! Mainly due to people loading their fast pass a week ahead...

Yes but all 3 of ours would not have been available till 9:30 pm! Mainly due to people loading their fast pass a week ahead...
Heck, I think if you stay in a Disney resort you can reserve your fastpasses 60 days out. When we went back in 2014 they had just started the system and we could book our passes 30 days before your trip. It was so frustrating because you had to plan what day you were going to be in a certain park because the closer you got to the day, the fewer fastpasses there were. 

If I ever set foot back in any of those places it will be too soon....

They even have a "fast pass" for the god **** parade viewing!

Back