How cheesy are your office events?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We shut the office down for an afternoon go to MLB baseball games about six times a year as an office, so I'm going to go ahead and say not that cheesy. Unless you're talking about the cheese on the burger you get at the park!

At one of our office parties we had mac and cheese stations with all kinds of varieties of mac and cheese.  That was pretty cheesy!

We're not allowed booze at ours. I never participate.

Our office events are generally beer/wine and hors d'oeuvres.  nice.

My favorite office events were the ones that only the engineers would organize at an A&E firm I once worked at.  We'd take a fishing charter out in the morning and drink beer and troll for tuna, wahoo and marlin for half a day, then come back on shore around noon and spend the rest of the afternoon cooking up what we caught and drinking even more beer.  

Current job, not so exciting - huge events with our 800 + employees, no alcohol, but lots of raffle prizes and "enforced fun".

I work out of my home office, never see another employee or contractor from the company all year, so I can make it as cheesy as I want.  How about Ritz crackers with Cheez Whiz?

our company Christmas party (in January) was a pretty good time, tons of food and booze.  They had one of those cheesy "selfie-photo booth" where you could put on stupid hats, outfits, etc and take a selfie with numerous backgrounds.  no one went near the thing until they were good and lit and I wish I could take a look through all those photos..

when I worked for a county government they were pretty bad, standard pot luck luncheon with special guests "our elected officials".. I would always get lectured for not making them..

our only work events are potlucks we do ourselves for halloween and thanksgiving/xmas.  Pay $7 or bring in a dish.  There is an annual retirement reception, pay $20 for beer/wine and horrible finger foods that are gone within the first 30 minutes....which is before some people even get out of work to get there.

What office events?  ha.  The only thing we get is a Christmas "party" where the owners buy deli meat and salad from a local deli for us to have for lunch.  Desserts, drinks, etc. is provided in pot luck style.  

Back