What do you need for you to consider life to be happy?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canadagoose

That's preposterous.
Reaction score
Quite unexpectedly, I'm finding that as I get older I'm running out of ideas and I've taken to skimming Proverbs.

Depends on how you view life, in my opinion.  Three years ago, probably as recent as two... I would have given a list that had quite a variety ranging from friends to love to my basic needs being met to an awesome job that paid well, yada yada yada.  Mostly the list would consist of the things that other people had trained me to think would bring happiness.  At each point in our life it's going to be different and it's going to change with the stages.  

For now I start each day acknowledging that as a human, I barely deserve the air that I breath and that for every gift I receive I need to give that and more back.  That every choice I make has a consequence (either positive or negative) and while I may not understand the correlation it will probably all play out as I learn the lessons life has to offer me.  

Gratefulness and not focusing on the negative really does a good job at making me happy.    

Happy depends a lot on who you are and what stage of life you are in. It also depends on the people who are in your life at the time. But, mostly, it depends on your own heart and soul. When you are happy with who you are, regardless of who is in your life and your circumstances, you have found the secret!

Back