Mentor required

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adalberto

Reaction score
Hey Good Morning

I've been living in the states for around 3 years and need to do this PE to be able to work in my area (Industrial Engineer), so I'm willing to pay anyone licenced PE who can help me thru the whole process from filling the documents thru the PE Exam.

I'd like to do that via email, Text, Whatsapp, phone etc... I travel too much so it won't be possible for me to meet, the payment can be done thru wire transfer. if anyone interested please email me back [email protected]

Thanks & regards

No one you work with has a PE license? The application for the PE clearly states that you need to work under the direct supervision of a PE, I do not think a 'mentor' would qualify for that statement.

Plenty of people here would be more than happy to answer general questions regarding the application process.

No I don't have a licensed PE working at my site, Plus I don't need to work under one as long as my work experience full fit their needs, I just need help to to make sure I put what I they required  in the forms , (a mentor) and definitely can't be in this forum I'd like something more private.

You absolutely need to be working the entirety of your 4 years of experience under the supervision of a PE. No one on this forum or anyone working outside of your company can do this. If you need more direction on the application requirements you should call your state board directly. 

I do not know where you live, but California offers some engineering branches opportunities to apply for licensure without the standard required number of licensed references (4 for CA), if your work/business meets the criteria under the Industrial Exemption Act, which is true for most companies producing a "product."  Further, the California board allows some opportunity for licensed reviewers to substitute for supervisors, again for specific engineering branches (I think civil is excluded). See FAQ #26 (http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/faq_eng.pdf). For Industrial engineering, your options may be further relaxed, since that is not a "practice regulated" branch (according to CA). Here's the important text:

Since these other branches are not practice regulated, anyone is authorized to practice in those branches, and thus anyone can serve as a reference. However, the reference must have sufficient knowledge of the applicant's engineering specialty to be able to make knowledgeable comments about the applicant's performance on the job.
I mention this not to help someone who is not qualified bypass an important part of the licensing process, but because this tripped me up for many years. I had worked with 2 Licensed Mechanical PEs, and thought for sure I would have to leave my job and go elsewhere to gain the additional experience and network with other PEs. That is, until I read through all the documentation from the CA board. 

Even if you are not inclined to get licensed in CA (or don't live here), I encourage you to read up on your board literature, and call them and ask. They are the best source for this line of questioning.

I think you all have this wrong or miss understood me, as I started the process already and what the board told me is that I have to fill the form 4 and 4A indicating my work experience to full fit what they request to be able to take the exam. Now what I'm looking for is someone that review those forms with me and make sure whatever I put is what is needed, again I willing to pay for your services I'm not asking for favors.

Thanks

Yeah, that's quite different.

It might help to mention which state you are applying to, as my experience applying to CA board would not be directly helpful, unless you were applying to that board.

NY+City.jpg

I love when people present their thoughts or guess as irrefutable facts. Even better when they are pushy about it. Extremely professional ! (in their eyes, i suppose)

No, working directly under a PE for 4 years IS NOT the only way to qualify in the entire country. In fact, I myself only needed 3 (and could have gotten it 6 months sooner).

Back