29 Days to Go. How do you feel?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnguy88

Reaction score
We have about 29 days left to go before the exam! How does everyone feel at this point? Have any of you done a mock exam yet?

I'll be taking the Civil Structural depth exam and doing my mock exam next weekend.

@matt267 PE I sure hope to play that song over and over after the exam.....  :wacko: , @mnguy88 I keep waking up and asking myself, what if the exam were tomorrow, would I pass? Im taking mock exam next weekend and week after that. I feel 75% ready. Considering I've got the morning material down pretty good. I'm taking civil/structural. I've made considerable progress for afternoon material, but I'll have to wait and see if im on the right track. 

I feel decent. I took the NCEES practice exam in mock format and scored a 58/80. A couple of mistakes were small like misreading the question or miscalculating. I'm a little nervous on forgetting things from now until exam day. I think I'm going to re-read the structures chapter in the CERM a week or so out. I really just want to get it over with at this point. 

I'm still in the depths of my EET structural depth course... I will peek my head out from that for a practice exam probably next weekend, and do the EET practice exam the weekend after that. Right now, I'd say I'm feeling about 60-70% prepared. My goal is to hit practice problems hard, so that in two or three weeks, I will feel much better!

So I'm not sure how I'm feeling right now.   I had previously planned to take the Mechanical PE exam in October 2016 but didn't get approval from the PA Board until about a week before the registration to sit for the exam closed and then I completely missed the deadline.  So I had started studying over the summer last year and then when I found out I couldn't take it, I stopped studying, laid back and then started studying again after the new year. I had picked it back up where I left off, with all of the study materials I had from the summer.   I JUST found out (about 20 minutes ago) that they changed the exam specifications to NOT include all the other Mechanical topics in the morning session.  So for the module that I'm taking, HVAC and Refrigeration, the morning session is specific to that discipline rather than covering all of the other mechanical engineering topics.  In other words, I spent waaaaay too much time studying stuff that they don't even test on anymore, like the machine design stuff which I didn't know at all. 

This is probably a good thing that they are being more sub-disciplined focused, right?  What do you all think?  Anyone in the same boat?

I'm still in the depths of my EET structural depth course... I will peek my head out from that for a practice exam probably next weekend, and do the EET practice exam the weekend after that. Right now, I'd say I'm feeling about 60-70% prepared. My goal is to hit practice problems hard, so that in two or three weeks, I will feel much better!
That means you have to stop running so much and hit the books! :p

Just finished one. Will be brewing more tonight. Glad I don't have to study. 
[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)]Just started brewing with some neighbors.  First was an IPA that came out much better than expected, low abv - session.  Next one a brown ale is in the carboy.  We amped it up - looking at 9% [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)]drinking a tree house now. [/COLOR]

I too am taking Civil/Structural. I took the NCEES practice test and scored 55/80... I scored 36 on the breadth, missing some of the qualitative but absolutely need to get a better understanding on structures. I too misread some questions and wasted some time (looking at you, moment distribution problem). I feel pretty good that the CERM will guide me to breezing through the breadth, but the structural depth will be tough. I haven't worked in structural engineering, but I have a B.S in structural. I feel pretty good about using ASCE and AISC, and while I haven't ever studied timber, at least the process for wood and the layout of NDS is pretty easy to follow. However, I absolutely hate how the ACI codes are laid out. I think I've gotten a decent grasp of all the codes to be able to answer all the "look up in the code" questions, and most basic structural analysis and mechanics of materials questions are easier for me, but I still struggle with the design analysis problems. 

I'm taking Civil/Transportation.  I took the Lindeburg practice exam last weekend and got about 60% right on each section.  My brain was fried by the end of each section.  I've heard that Lindeburg's exam is harder than the actual exam, but I still wish I did better.  At least it's helping me focus my studies this month.  I plan to take the NCEES practice exam about two weeks out so hopefully I'll do better on that one.

Back