Best Watch for Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mithrandir918

Reaction score
Any previous test takers wind the best time keep strategy or the best watch to use.  I would like a stop watch but they don't let us bring in anything electronic.

I bought a cheap digital watch from walmart and just used that, doesn't have to be anything special, just make sure to turn off any alarms or beeping functions.

Analog watch, don't risk being thrown out for a digital anything. Proctors have become itchy to toss people since technology has shot through roof for wrist devices. 

I had an analog watch which should be fine for keeping pace.

The proctor should give you warnings when you have 5 minutes and 1 minute left. 

I found a plain analog watch with no special features was fine.  If you are not use to wearing a watch you might keep weight/comfort in mind.  My exam proctors never let me take it off and place if on the table, it had to stay on your wrist or down on the floor.  If it is very heavy and you are not use to wearing a watch (or is loose) it could get distracting.

I brought a mechanical pocket watch and was told I couldn't keep in on the desk; kinda annoyed but thankfully the exam room had an easily visible clock.

My wife bought a $10 digital watch from Academy. She youtubed how to keep your watch from beeping,  and she found out there is a spring you can easily take out of the watch... took her like 10 min, and she is by no means a tech guru. I was able to use the stopwatch function during the exam.

Anyone ever look into a vibrating alarm watch? I'm debating but I don't want to risk it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back