Ultrasonic Bird House - Anti Dog Barking thing..

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
I could use something like this too.  The neighbors behind us have a dog that barks at everyone constantly.  The reviews are mixed. 

It's really annoying.  Cement told me they issue most people 2 dogs at the state line here, but its worse than that I think.

We have a border collie, and lucky for us, unless one of our kids falls down a well she doesn't bark.

We have been having lots of neighborhood spats because if the dog barks for 10 minutes or more and you "record it on your phone" the doggie police will fine the **** out of them (or if you call the doggie police they will come and "listen".  I am trying to stay away from that route. I have talked to them and the mom was nice and said if she heard her barking she would bring the dog in, I don't think they are amish but there are defin Mormon or something (5 kids, all boys, home schooled, not fun I imagine) I think the mom puts the dog out because its annoying them while she is teaching her kids. I have never seen the father in my 4 years here.

Im just ready to get out of the burbs!

The people with the barking dog behind us also have a parrot.  That's worse then the dog.  The parrot is only let outside during the summer months, so it's a seasonal nuisance whereas the dog is a year round one.  

Fortunately the parrot and the dog annoy another neighbor more then they bother me, so I don't end up having to call the doggie/parrot police because I know they will. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
This is when I'm so glad I bought a 25 acre parcel.  We only have one neighbor that we can see from the house and they keep to themselves.

We do have some "nuisances" though.  We had 12 deer in the back yard the night before last.  And hear the coyotes howl at night sometimes.

My "bad  neighbor" at my old house had a dog that barked 24/7 and lived outside. We got something like that and I don't think that they work.

I'd try to talk to your neighbor about the issue. If they are good people they will do something about it.

Dogs can be trained to not bark constantly.  Actually all they want is attention, so if these dog owners cared about having a dog at all, they'd pay some attention to them.

My neighbors keep ther dog inside but the thing barks whenever anyhting moves (inside or outside).  Whenever I go in their house the dog barks at me for a least 3-5minutes. F'k that.

My dogs bark at other dogs barking and I get frustrated because I'm always the one who scolds and makes my dogs go inside the house.  The one neighbor has a yippy dog (like two pounds) and it will stand at the fence and get my GSD riled up to...  I sort of would like to see what would happen if there wasn't a fence between them because it is that annoying.  

This is when I'm so glad I bought a 25 acre parcel.  We only have one neighbor that we can see from the house and they keep to themselves.
Unfortunately 25 acres parcels are prohibitively expensive near me.  My 3/4 acre lot is more than 3 times the size of most parcels in our area. 

so If I get a dog whistle and just blow the hell out of it should that cause some change in the dogs behavior?

More so if a poison-tipped dart launches out of the end.

The parrot is only let outside during the summer months
Easy fix with a pellet gun.

Hatsan-Sniper-125_.jpg

just download the app on your phone, it actually works too.  
Not supported by Apple. :D

I doubt you would do any real jail time, probably not even more than a $200 fine at most.

With my luck the parrot would be some sort of endangered species...

...so the fine would probably be doubled or something  :p

Back