Really close work friends who job-hop

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canadagoose

That's preposterous.
Reaction score
Anybody else hate this?  I spend years getting to know your dumb ass and then you suddenly quit!  And just one at a time is not that bad.  I've had 6 quit at once.  Entire work social group gutted.

That's why I don't bother caring about the people I work with. 

With @matt267 PE on this.  I don't include my work colleagues in my social circles.  Inevitably problems arise when the two are intermingled.  I maintain a great working relationship with my group but that's about it.

If so many people are willing to leave the company I work for, I would seriously start to question things. Am I getting paid and/or the benefits I should be? Is there a big managerial change I should know about? What other work options exist that are drawing co-workers away?

Then if I was still comfortable with where I was working, I would start looking at ways to re-vamp the company so people are willing to stay or join.

I won't hate a coworker who is moving on to better themselves, because this is such a small industry we'll cross paths again.  And sometimes, that next path crossing will help you move to the other side of the world.

Back