Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is one "holiday" I have never been able to get to. aside from going up to savannah for some drunken debauchery when I was stationed at Fort Stewart this is just sort of a "meh" day..

It's alawys been huge around Boston and the suburbs.  Although, my days of drinking multiple pitchers of green beer are over.

The bar I frequented in college was an Irish Pub, so St. Paddy's Day will always be a little special to me.  I used to go back to Terre Haute twice a year...once for Homecoming and once for St. Paddy's Day.  I still make it to homecoming every year, but I gave up on SPD.  I can't drink like I used to, and a lot of my friends that I used to meet there grew up and got families, so they hardly ever come back.  I still have a few brews in honor of an Irish holiday I know very little about.

so this is basically a "yankee" holiday?
I don't know about that but a LOT of Irish immigrants settled here in the 20s - 30s.  The North End was Italians and Southie was the Irish.  Watch Celtic Pride (Movie with Dan Ackroyd and Damon Wayans) for a satirical look at the Irish part of town.

Back