Psychometric Protractor

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mp57078

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is such a thing as a psychometric protractor?  I'm wanting a clear plastic protractor with the SHR listed on it instead of degrees.  I finding that I lose a lot of accuracy trying to transpose the SHR printed on the charts.

I asked a similar question a while back.

Received a very good response from Justin-Hawaii:

I've never heard of one, but I will say that a good ruler will come in handy.  I also took a larger format chart with me to the exam that allowed for better resolution.   There is a thread on here where several are linked.

I've seen psych protractors at my previous office.  Seems like the older HVAC guys had them.  I don't know if you can still purchase it or whether it's allowed on the exam.  

Well I ended up loading the chart protractor into cad and finding all of the angles.  Attached is a image of the protractor with angles, if anyone is interested.

Psycrhometric Protractor - ASHRAE #1.JPG

Couldn't you just print out the protractor for your particular psych chart on one of those overhead transparencies at Kinkos?

^^^^  I think it would be considered loose paper on transparencies.  Has to be bound?  I would also have to be custom for each chart as the horizontal and vertical scales may differ from chart to chart. 

Back