'Day Without A Woman'

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt267 PE

"1000000 warning points" Club Member
Reaction score
March 8th is 'Day Without A Woman' day.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politics/womens-strike-information/index.html

The strike is scheduled for International Women's Day, March 8, and is meant to recognize "the enormous value that women of all backgrounds add to our socioeconomic system, while receiving lower wages and experiencing greater inequities, vulnerability to discrimination, sexual harassment and job insecurity," according to the Women's March website.
Does this mean I can pretend my wife and 2 daughter's don't exist for the day? :multiplespotting:

Hell yeah, I'll be at the bar.  :40oz:

I hope after this day that women in the US no longer have to register for the draft!

I wonder if women in general will be more cognizant than some of the immigrants from "a day without immigrants" and realize that if they simply blow off work for the day with no prior preparations they will be fired.

c9097bf303421605f320dbb1501e45e8.jpg

31 minutes ago, TNSparky said: I hope spouses don't read EB.com....otherwise, there's gonna be some folks in trouble.... :true:

5 minutes ago, envirotex said: I hope that works out for you, Matt.
Haha. It'll be fine. My wife and I aren't talking to each other right now anyway, so it won't matter much.
Babies do that, but that is a topic for another thread.

Back