CT Spring 2017 Exam Reapply

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickknightt

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm hoping to take the PE civil exam in Spring 2017 in CT, after my first attempt in Oct 2016 was unsuccessful. While registering with NCEES, I've a 'pending board approval' message on the account. Does anybody know if CT requires a reapplication for the second attempt? With only 3 days left for the exam registration to close I'm hoping that isn't the case. 

Thank you.

Have you paid for the exam? In NJ my board approval didn't show up on the websites 7ntil Friday after I made my payment. Per the NJ Board there is some kind of glitch in the NCEES system. CT may be different, but in NJ when I had to retake the FE,  I just had to pay the new exam fee.

Hello,

I'm hoping to take the PE civil exam in Spring 2017 in CT, after my first attempt in Oct 2016 was unsuccessful. While registering with NCEES, I've a 'pending board approval' message on the account. Does anybody know if CT requires a reapplication for the second attempt? With only 3 days left for the exam registration to close I'm hoping that isn't the case. 

Thank you.
No CT doesn't require reapplication after 1st failed attempt.  You can go ahead and register for the next exam right when the exam registration is open. When I re-registered, it said the same thing, I think its there so that they can figure out if its your your second or third time. Reminder that if you have to take it the third time, you need to skip one examination before talking it the third time. failure on the third time requires reapplication. Best of Luck on this one and hoping for no more for yaa!

Thank you. Yes, I did pay and register on the NCEES site. Trying to confirm with Barbara at the CT Board about the pending status, but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks Kam. That's good information which hopefully I won't need to avail. I only studied a full week for Oct'16 and got a 42 score, so I hoping this time around with preparation, it will go better.

Back