EERM First Edition vs. Third Edition

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dimockman

DimockManPE
Reaction score
Anyone out there know if it would be worth purchasing the 3rd edition of the EERM ? I have the 1st edition and I am not opposed to upgrading, but I want to make sure that its worth the investment. I've read on this forum that the 1st edition is actually better than the 2nd edition, but the one instructor on School of PE states that there are significant differences between the 2nd and 3rd edition. Thanks in advance.    

Have you looked online to find a summary of the changes? Publishers are in the business of making money so they are going to try to regularly publish new editions.  The procedure for solving problems won't change, but they may have just rearranged the chapters or added/removed some additional information based on the specifications for the current test. 

I don't know - I have the 2nd edition and I thought it was inadequate for the exam.  I'm of the opinion that newer, better references are always worth the cost.  If it gets you one extra correct answer, and you would have not passed without that answer, is that worth the cost to you?

I had the same thought, Dleg, so I ordered it !!

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Back