FE Other discipline- Quiz Bank

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

energyengg

Reaction score
Hello,

Can somebody share their experience with "FE Other Discipline Quiz Bank" offered be PP2i? I am planning to make use of this resource for practicing tests as well as problems, but before buying it, I thought to ask people in this forum who may have experience using this quiz bank? Is it a good resource?

Thanks

I used it for a few months when I was preparing for the October 2013 FE exam. I found the questions to be much harder than they had to be. I don't think they helped me pass. They may have updated them since.

@matt267 PE, in line with my previous query, would you also happen to have experienced the following two additional practice problem resources from PPi2pass? and are they a reasonable source to use? Thanks again for your insights and time.

1.    1001 Solved Engineering Fundamentals Problems (EFPRB3), 3rd Edition

2.       FE Other Disciplines Practice Problems (FEODPP)

I failed the FE twice during my senior year. After I graduated, I spent two months working every problem in the Lindberg FE review manual and practice problems while reviewing topics with the quiz bank as I progressed. While the questions in the quiz bank were more difficult and often used equations out of the scope of any of my classes or the review manual, I believe the extra practice in use of the reference manual helped me pass. My scoring on the quiz bank was about 50% across the board before I took the FE and passed. If you can get decent scores on the quiz bank, you can pass.

PPI material can be good for review, just keep in mind the problems are generally harder than actual exam difficulty.  You can use them to prepare, just keep this in mind as you study. 

thank you @ptatohed, for your insight and will use PPI from practice stand point of view only. Along with PPI, I am  also making use of Scahum's outlines for all the subjects/area those were not my primary focused areas during college.

Back