HCM 2010 in PDF Format?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 5th edition (2010 version) is now outdated so you might be able to find a copy on the cheap.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I take it the HCM 2000 is not smart to bring as it is 10+ years outdated compared to HCM 2010?

I know someone who has a THICK binder of the 2000 version and it'd be nice to not have to pay $230 for the 2010, but I also don't want wrong answers if the versions changed a lot.
The other thing that bothers me is paying for an old/outdated version (2010) when there is a newer one currently released, but it is not the one that NCEES claims to reference (yet) so I have a feeling the 2010 will only live on for a few more years at the most and then the newest revision will be the one people use.

Lastly, does anyone know if buying a new copy will have the errata changes included in the printing or do we still need to track down the multiple versions of errata?

I take it the HCM 2000 is not smart to bring as it is 10+ years outdated compared to HCM 2010?

I know someone who has a THICK binder of the 2000 version and it'd be nice to not have to pay $230 for the 2010, but I also don't want wrong answers if the versions changed a lot.
The other thing that bothers me is paying for an old/outdated version (2010) when there is a newer one currently released, but it is not the one that NCEES claims to reference (yet) so I have a feeling the 2010 will only live on for a few more years at the most and then the newest revision will be the one people use.

Lastly, does anyone know if buying a new copy will have the errata changes included in the printing or do we still need to track down the multiple versions of errata?
There were notable changes from 2000 to 2010, make sure you have the 2010.

The exam is always a little slow to adopt the latest standards but they will eventually.  For now, use what is listed on NCEES's reference list.

A new purchase may or may not have the latest errata.  But the errata is not hard to find and incorporate into your book. 

Good luck. 

A lot of the HCM anymore requires a computer to work out.  The parts that are reasonable to test someone on being able to solve in about 6 minutes are mostly the basic equations that haven't changed like PHF.  Up to you of course if you want to chance it but you'd probably be okay with an older version or even a traffic engineering text book IME.

A lot of the HCM anymore requires a computer to work out.  The parts that are reasonable to test someone on being able to solve in about 6 minutes are mostly the basic equations that haven't changed like PHF.  Up to you of course if you want to chance it but you'd probably be okay with an older version or even a traffic engineering text book IME.
This is the worst advice anyone has ever given on this forum. Do not use a 17-year old HCM if you intend to pass.

Back