Wisconsin Dells

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snickerd3

Taking suggestions
Reaction score
Anyone been there recently?  Trying to figure out a family vacation for this summer.  It's been years since I have been there.

Anyone been there recently?  Trying to figure out a family vacation for this summer.  It's been years since I have been there.
Was just there this past weekend (Wilderness Lodge). We try to go every year with the same group of friends and end up renting a large condo to split the price. Then everyone pitches in and brings a meal to share so that also helps keep the cost down. Plus free water park passes for the kids and some other freebies.

dell-dude-1.jpg

Was just there this past weekend (Wilderness Lodge). We try to go every year with the same group of friends and end up renting a large condo to split the price. Then everyone pitches in and brings a meal to share so that also helps keep the cost down. Plus free water park passes for the kids and some other freebies.
would it be more of an extended weekend or is there enough to do for a week?  It was winter when I was there last

would it be more of an extended weekend or is there enough to do for a week?  It was winter when I was there last
Ha, I'm ready do be done after just a non-extended weekend!  LOL

But you guys have a bit farther to travel for it. So I would definitely say an extended weekend would be sufficient. But then again, we also didn't leave the resort to do any other activities.

It's been a couple of years but we stayed at the Great Wolf lodge a couple of times.  It ended up being pretty chilly while we were there and having the indoor water park was pretty nice.

Haven't been to the Dells for a few years, but I do have some advice on those water parks.

I was at a water park a few years ago (not the Dells) and nicked one of the knuckles on my finger on one of those water slides. Sure, it bled for a small bit but after it stopped I just swam some more. A few weeks alter it actually got infected like a MF'er. I didn't go to any doctor or anything but used lots of iodine & antiseptic stuff for a few weeks. It actually looked worse than it felt. 

I won't mind going to those water parks, but I am not going down any of those slides again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't been to the Dells for a few years, but I do have some advice on those water parks.

I was at a water park a few years ago (not the Dells) and nicked one of the knuckles on my finger on one of those water slides. Sure, it bled for a small bit but after it stopped I just swam some more. A few weeks alter it actually got infected like a MF'er. I didn't go to any doctor or anything but used lots of iodine & antiseptic stuff for a few weeks. It actually looked worse than it felt. 

I won't mind going to those water parks, but I am not going down any of those slides again!
My sister's boyfriend had a similar experience with a water park in PA somewhere.  He tried to play it off, and ended up having two toes amputated as a result last summer.

out of curiosity I had to Google what the hell this place is (it kind of looks like a mid west Gatlinburg?)

But I was laughing at the pictures of very very very pale ass white people throughout the website...

;)

Back