Cold Formed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZEZO4

ZEZO
Reaction score
Hi,

What is your recommendations for the Cold-Formed steel design reference?

Thanks.

Just get the AISI code. There is probably a book out there, but it's probably not worth buying. There will only be 1 question on each exam dealing with cold-formed steel. 

Note that a lot of AISI specifications are free now. https://cfsei.memberclicks.net/publications

If you have it, I'd bring the AISI Cold-Formed Steel Design Manual. However, I'd only buy it for the exam if you really wanted it or absolutely couldn't afford to fail the exam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you TehMightyEngiuneer, is it allow to print it out and bring it to the exam or the copy right policy don't allow to do that?  

Thank you David, I found just one reference called "Cold-Formed Steel Design: by Wei-Wen.

The proctors at the exam aren't going to care whether you printed out or paid for the codes. They may not even really know what the codes are. I wouldn't go telling that to whoever put's the codes out though (AASHTO, ICB, etc.) 

If AISI has it available on the website, and the pdfs are printable, then my guess is they don't mind. 

The proctors at the exam aren't going to care whether you printed out or paid for the codes. They may not even really know what the codes are. I wouldn't go telling that to whoever put's the codes out though (AASHTO, ICB, etc.) 

If AISI has it available on the website, and the pdfs are printable, then my guess is they don't mind. 
Thank you David, btw I ordered your book yesterday,

Regards.

Back