Still waiting for CA license number?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inhinyera

Reaction score
I just passed all three exams (it took 3 tries to pass surveying). I turned in my fingerprints the day after I got the results and I am still waiting to get assigned a license number. Anyone else on the same boat? 

I just passed all three exams (it took 3 tries to pass surveying). I turned in my fingerprints the day after I got the results and I am still waiting to get assigned a license number. Anyone else on the same boat? 
I applied using comity and then had to take the two special tests in October 2016, that I managed to pass. I had submitted my fingerprints with my application but for some reason it did not get in the system. When I got my results, it showed that the Board was missing my fingerprints. I called the board and after a few tries was able to get in touch with someone around the beginning of January 2017 who was able to resolve the issue. She told me that I should expect my license number to appear around the end of January 2017. 

I hope this helps you to get a feel for the time line. 

Hi @inhinyera! Congrats on passing all three exams!

How did you submit your fingerprints? I think that can delay the process a bit. Have you tried emailing [email protected]?

I did the live scan and then submitted a copy on the same day I did the live scan. I called them a few times and was given a different answer each time I called. There was next week, two weeks from now, end of January, etc. The last time I called they said that I should be getting a license number in February 2017. 

I applied using comity and then had to take the two special tests in October 2016, that I managed to pass. I had submitted my fingerprints with my application but for some reason it did not get in the system. When I got my results, it showed that the Board was missing my fingerprints. I called the board and after a few tries was able to get in touch with someone around the beginning of January 2017 who was able to resolve the issue. She told me that I should expect my license number to appear around the end of January 2017. 

I hope this helps you to get a feel for the time line. 

I called last Friday because new license numbers showed up on the license lookup that day. You might want to check if your name is already on the lookup. I was told that the next update will be February 14th or 15th. 

I called last Friday because new license numbers showed up on the license lookup that day. You might want to check if your name is already on the lookup. I was told that the next update will be February 14th or 15th. 
Thank you. Yes, my name showed up late Friday afternoon.

Back