Civil PE WR&E Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibenitez

Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently studying to take the NCEES PE Test in April 2017. I was wondering if anyone had any sample study schedules or guides that helped them organize their study approach. Thank you in advance. 

@matt267 PE,

Okay, thanks! Yeah I noticed that there is much more material in the CERM than is listed in the exam spec so I wasn't sure if it was worth going over. But apparently not.

Do you have any other tips for the test? Or which reference material was essential during the test?

Do you have any other tips for the test?
@ibenitez,

Yes, I would recommend that you plan on taking several full 8 hour practice exams. Taking the PE is much more than knowing the engineering. You also have to know how to actually take the test. By taking full timed practice exams, you can work on your timing/time management. And don't get discouraged. Many practice exams are a lot harder than the real thing. NCEES' practice exam is the closest you're going to get to the real test.

If you can afford it, I would also recommend a review class. You should still study on your own prior to taking a class, but a review class would help focus you and keep you on track.

Back