451 Surveying CBT Practice Problems and Solutions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irap

Reaction score
Did anyone purchased this newbook from Mr. Mansour to practice and solving problems for surveying exam? Are the problems new or re-used from his other surveying materials? Thanks.....

I like to know this as well. Unlike Seismic, looks like there are not many good sample exam choices for surveying. Available books (Mansour, Cuomo, CALTRANS) seem adequate for the subjects but there are not many questions in them to gain speed...

Mansour's books are pretty comprehensive. They will cover all you need for the exam. I do recommend doing all of the practice problems at least a few times and taking the CBTs. The class is also worth it, especially the live seminar since you can get answers to your questions on the spot.

I went through the practice problems in his workbook but there are not that many. Some of them are really simple so, I don't know if they actually reflect the real exam.

I agree, Mansour practice problems are very easy. I'm skeptical if I will purchased this book to practice solving problems. I do have his workbook, but I like see what other candidates experience using this 451 to prepare for the surveying exam.

How about the "120 Solved Surveying Problems" by PPI? Are they close to real exam questions in difficulty and scope?

How about the "120 Solved Surveying Problems" by PPI? Are they close to real exam questions in difficulty and scope?
I got that one from a coworker who had passed the PE a while back. The problems are not really close to the real exam in difficulty. All questions in the exam are not difficult, so in my opinion the easy questions in the exams are similar to the problems in that book. I believe Reza's workbook problems are closer to the real exam questions in terms of the range from easy to difficult. 

Oh, I do not recommend this book for exam-like problems at all. I agree, they are all rather easy. I completed all of them in my studying before my first attempt at the surveying exam, and did not think they really reflected the exam at all.

The second time I took the exam, I used Mahallati's workbook, and it was great. I passed!

Is Mahallati's workbook similar to Mansour's? Does it have a sample exam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Mahallati's workbook similar to Mansour's? Does it have a sample exam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not familiar with Mansour's book, myself, though I do know the name (I just never saw the workbook). Mahallati has a loooottttt of practice problems at the end of each chapter, and a mini exam at the end of the workbook that is 25 questions.

Back