Which SE course have you taken? Did you pass?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASCE Course

• Pass

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Pass

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N/A

Votes: 22 100.0%

• Total voters
SEOI Course Vertical and Lateral - Fail

PPI Vertical and Lateral Class, Passed Vertical Failed Lateral 2 times and going for a third in April. 

I am taking the EET class now and think this is one of the best online course i have taken the material is some of the best I have found on the market.  pass or fail this course is excellent.

SEOI Course Vertical and Lateral - Fail

PPI Vertical and Lateral Class, Passed Vertical Failed Lateral 2 times and going for a third in April. 

I am taking the EET class now and think this is one of the best online course i have taken the material is some of the best I have found on the market.  pass or fail this course is excellent.
what is SEOI

i did not find on google

480 views and only 6 votes. So many just spectating these boards  :huh:

I took the kaplan course.  I passed both exams first try.  The courses may help eliminate some uncertainty.  I remember a Dr. Tim something from South Carolina that was pretty good.  I saw a bouyancy problem from that course that I never would've suspected on the exam.  Guess what - the course had examples that were more closely related to the actual test than any book.

I took the kaplan course.  I passed both exams first try.  The courses may help eliminate some uncertainty.  I remember a Dr. Tim something from South Carolina that was pretty good.  I saw a bouyancy problem from that course that I never would've suspected on the exam.  Guess what - the course had examples that were more closely related to the actual test than any book.
bouyancy?

that's not even in my vocabulary! i'll check out that course after reading your comments

I did not take any courses, passed vertical first try, failed lateral first try.  I am now taking school of PE for lateral in April for my second go, so far has been pretty good.

I spent about $600 for each exam on reference materials, but didn't take any study courses.  I passed vertical in April 2016 and lateral in October.  If you dedicate the time to work through reference materials, the exams can be passed without a study course.  I thought this approach was more beneficial as you learn the material for practice, not just study for/practice what you think will be an "exam type" problem.

School of PE - took both review courses (vertical, lateral) for my first attempt at the exam

passed lateral buildings

failed vertical buildings

Back