Hello from Mass.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engine42

Reaction score
Thanks to those who set up these boards.  They were helpful in my passing the FE.  Again.  

I took the EIT back in the late 80's and it was only when the exams were recently reorganized, introducing more topics, that what I am practiced in seemed to finally qualify.  My EIT expired before I sat for the PE.  No matter, the studying for the FE was a good mid-career review.

I am now on the preparation road to the PE in electrical and electronics. 

Any advice is welcome!

Welcome.

First glance at the thread titile, I thought it was "Hello from Mars" 

:D

I'm in MA and I didn't know the EIT expired.  I took the EIT in the mid-80s and procrastinated the PE for 20 years after that.  Thankfully, I did not have to retake the test.

I took it in NH, and it had an end date on the certificate.

So my next challenge is getting PE references.  I have never worked under the supervision of a PE.  And I'm wondering where folks practicing electrical and electronics (e.g. NOT power) are working where a PE is required for that.  I do know personally one PE who got theirs without using a PE as a reference (in fact, they will be one of my PE references).

Where are all the electrical and electronics PE's hiding? 

Back