• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Which Subject is Tuff in Engineering ?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divya Pasupuleti

Reaction score
Guys, please share your opinion.

Which subject makes you fear in engineering ? Iam a tutor willing to know which subject is tuff in engineering for students.

Thanks,

Divya

I thought thermo was tough in college. That's why I stayed in environmental engineering.

Code-based structural design courses can be a bit difficult.  In particular my two concrete classes were probably the most difficult at the time.  These were reinforced concrete design and prestressed/masonry concrete design. 

The reinforced class was taught well and I learned the material through lecture and a lot of self study.  Homework design problems would typically take hours to get through (new to the material at the time). Three-hour final exam was only three problems long :suicide1: .

Prestressed/masonry class was much more difficult.  I had a young professor and English was not his first language.  I learned more about prestressed/masonry studying for the PE than I did in that class.

English.

Seriously.  One of the most feared courses at my university was Technical Communications.  All it involved was writing a 50ish page article about a technical subject.  I breezed through it because my dad always brutally edited any report I had for middle or high school, so he forced me to learn proper grammar.  Now I have a job where I write technical reports daily, and I often have to review the reports of other engineers.  It's embarrassing how poorly written some of the reports are that I have to read.

If we look into the past years papers of JEE Main and JEE Advanced, it is mostly seen that the difficulty level of Physics is the highest followed by Math. Chemistry is easier in comparison and is considered to be one of the most scoring subjects. If you look deeper, each subject has a difficult portion. For example, in Physics, Mechanics is known to be tough; in Chemistry, it’s Inorganic Chemistry; in Math, it’s usually algebra. This is mostly because these topics aren’t that easy to grasp.

Back