HDrive - Motion in Minutes IP enabled Servo Motor

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_hdrive

Reaction score
Hi. I am programmer & engineer and I have made a Servo Motor that can be driven by TCP/IP. I thought this could open lots of minds and start a new Object Oriented Maker scene :) Forget about using buggy VCP drivers for serial communication with Arduinos and Stepper motors shield. Attach the Motor directly to your PC and abstract the hardware in hand full lines of code in Python/C#/Java. Put all your effort in your program logic and just let the HDrive do the motion.

There is more information here: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/novel-servo-drive-technology-henschel-robotics-chris-henschel

Or are you setting up a PLC every time if you have to move something, or to build test equipment?

What do you think?

Wrong forum. (possible should be here?)

But...This actually looks awesome. Admittedly, I just skimmed the kickstarter page...

1. do you pre-tune the motor? (If so, might help to see a typical frequency response with a reported inertia).  can the tuning be changed?

2. any consideration given to security? Anyone could hack this thing.

3. what happens when a new command is given during a move?

4. can moves be synchronized to a clock? (think multiple axes working together)

5. what are the power requirements?

Good luck!

Thanks for your answer:

[SIZE=10.5pt]1. do you pre-tune the motor? (If so, might help to see a typical frequency response with a reported inertia).  can the tuning be changed?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Yes, PI Current control, PI Speed control and PID position control can be changed individually.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2. any consideration given to security? Anyone could hack this thing.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]No security yet. It's mainly purpose is for R&D and prototypes. Else you have to segment a separate network for the motors.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]3. what happens when a new command is given during a move?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]It takes into account the current speed and positions and is calculating the new trajectory to ne new position dynamically with given acceleration/deceleration and max. speed - every millisecond.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]4. can moves be synchronized to a clock? (think multiple axes working together)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Yes. Soft and hard realtime. The XML answer of the motor includes the uC clock. For hard realtime you can use the Step/Dir interface. Have a look at my C# robot arm: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]12-24V 50W max.[/SIZE]

Back