EET Breadth

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rengineer

Reaction score
I have been hearing good things about EET, specifically the WRE review. I was wondering if anyone thought the breadth portion was helpful for this past October exam. I failed this past October  test. I didn't anticipate so many theoretical questions. Did his classes help in answering and preparing for these theoretical questions? Was EET Breadth helpful? Thank you and this is my first post!

Hi. I took both the EET breath and the EET depth (WRE) and I thought they both were extremely helpful. The breath was extremely helpful for me when it came to the Transportation and Structural problems. I recommend taking both. This was my third time taking the test and past. The class and the binder provided are very organized and they make sure they cover all the topics on the NCEES specifications. During the test, I did not use any of my references, I just used the breath binder in the morning and the depth binder in the afternoon. I took the On demand course.

Hi. I took both the EET breath and the EET depth (WRE) and I thought they both were extremely helpful. The breath was extremely helpful for me when it came to the Transportation and Structural problems. I recommend taking both. This was my third time taking the test and past. The class and the binder provided are very organized and they make sure they cover all the topics on the NCEES specifications. During the test, I did not use any of my references, I just used the breath binder in the morning and the depth binder in the afternoon. I took the On demand course.
Thank you! Did you pass?  About how many hours did you study for EET a week? Did you take this past October test? the breadth was very hard for me. Did eet help in the theoretical problems in the breadth? I got killed in that. 

Thank you! Did you pass?  About how many hours did you study for EET a week? Did you take this past October test? the breadth was very hard for me. Did eet help in the theoretical problems in the breadth? I got killed in that. 
Yes I passed and I took the test this past October. I sent approx. 10-12 hours studying and 8 hours was sent on watching the videos from the course. To be honest I didn't find the morning to difficult. I felt EET help with the theoretical problems in the morning. Thanks to the EET breath course and a couple of problems were similar to example problems from the review. I hope this helps. Feel free to ask me more questions if you have more.

You guys stop being weird. I'm signed up for the On-demand breadth (live webinar is full) and the webinar for WRE. First time taking the PE. Good luck to all and if anyone is interested in some collaborative study I'm all for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I passed. I probably sent 10-12 hours a week and it was mainly looking at the videos and doing the extra problems. I took the test this past October andI felt EET breath really prepared me for the breath portion of the exam as well as the theoretical problems.

I would strongly recommend EET for Breadth and Depth. I took their depth class first for my module, then I went back and took the Breadth section. I think the biggest advantage to EET is they show you what you need to be studying. They adhere to the exam outline and hit the critical topics for all modules - hydraulics and hydrology, soil mechanics, structural mechanics, etc. etc. You get a 3" binder full of notes and example problems to work through during the course. For me this was an important reference during the test. 

For those of you that have taken eet and passed the exam, how much and what kind of preparation did you do beyond the coarse? I have ordered a copy of six minute solutions and plan on working problems daily upon completion of eet depth. Would my time be better spent going through and familiarizing myself with the additional references? Any help appreciated. Thanks

You guys stop being weird. I'm signed up for the On-demand breadth (live webinar is full) and the webinar for WRE. First time taking the PE. Good luck to all and if anyone is interested in some collaborative study I'm all for it.
I'm not a WRE taker (doing structural, third time... Ugh) but am signed up for EET's on-demand breadth (and on-demand depth structural). Have you started any of the videos yet? I have started the Estimates one, but just barely. I wouldn't mind doing collaborative stuff, at least for breadth since that's where we overlap.

For those of you that have taken eet and passed the exam, how much and what kind of preparation did you do beyond the coarse? I have ordered a copy of six minute solutions and plan on working problems daily upon completion of eet depth. Would my time be better spent going through and familiarizing myself with the additional references? Any help appreciated. Thanks
I posted this the other day over in the Construction exam subforum. I would assume that Goswami has equivalent books for WRE exam-style questions. What worked for me was solving a lot of practice exams in the most realistic setting as possible. I had set up a study area in my basement and used that exclusively for studying and simulated exams. I did not spend a lot of time specifically reading through my references outside of what was required to answer exam-style questions. 

GBS thanks for the input. I plan to just work a bunch of exam style problems then. That is what has worked for me in the past when working to grasp a concept.

Leggo, I haven't started anything yet. I talked to Nazrul and he said just to wait until I get my binders in. They should be arriving to today so I plan to start over the weekend. I am on demand but will be following the the schedule laid out for webinar. We can exchange info and we can touch base if either of us gets stuck when working through practice problems.

Leggo, I haven't started anything yet. I talked to Nazrul and he said just to wait until I get my binders in. They should be arriving to today so I plan to start over the weekend. I am on demand but will be following the the schedule laid out for webinar. We can exchange info and we can touch base if either of us gets stuck when working through practice problems.
Sounds good to me!

My study plan is to mainly do practice problems during the week, and tackle the videos on the weekends. I'm going to try to stay slightly ahead of the schedule, but that may vary a bit depending on any other commitments I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I accidentally hit something. In anycase, when you guys do the homework and quizzes do you guys just print out the solution and stick in the binder or do you have a separate bidner since the one they sent is already huge? Or do you just write the hw solutions on the small space available in the homework problems in the binder?

I am just writing mine in the space provided and adding little notes that I think would help. Like if I don't remember a variable right off the bat or if so what units it should be in. That's worked for me so far but the space is a little tight on some. Printing the solutions might not be a bad idea.

Oh and I am making a separate binder with all of the extra notes that they are including on adobe connect. Might just put the solutions in there.

For the project planning stuff (Parts I & II), I was able to just write my solutions next to the problems in the space provided. I don't think the soil mechanics and materials (Parts VII and III) will necessarily have enough room for that, though... I think I plan to put my solutions in with the problems, because I know I'm not very likely to go and open up a separate binder that is just solutions. For me, it wastes a lot of time to have to look up the problem statement and then go look up the solution somewhere completely separate. I also know myself well enough to know that I will not copy over the full problem statement on my solutions, as it will take too long.

Clearly, I'm not that patient! :p

Back