EET helped me pass Construction Depth

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moegr81

Reaction score
After failing the April 2016 exam, and reading all of the reviews on different review classes, the best decision I made was taking the EET review class.  And now, after the Oct 2016 exam, I am officially a PE!

Samir really broke everything down into digestible bits of information, and is always available by either phone or email.  I think I learned more during the review classes than I can remember from college.  I encourage those of you taking the Construction Depth in the afternoon to take this class.  EET provides you with two big binders for breadth and depth.  I actually had to expand the binders with all of the homework and quizzes.  I didn't even really open my CERM during the actual exam.  The webinar classes are interactive and are convenient.  I took all of the classes live so I would be ask the questions I had about specific problems. 

Each topic lines up with the NCEES syllabus.  I gotta say that before taking the class and having failed the first test, my biggest problems during the exam were about cranes and ACI 318.  Samir gives you excerpts of what you will need for the exam.  I do still encourage you purchase the ACI 318 (2014) as NCEEs may through you a curve ball, but everything else is given to you.

Take advantage of this gift.  It is available to you.  Just do your part and study.  I can honestly say that the week of the exam, I took off of work and re-watched all of the webinars.  For me, doing just the problems wasn't enough, it was also the theory behind the problem.  But everyone is different so do what is best for you.

Good luck in 2017!

Thank you for the insight. Self studied for oct 2016 construction depth and failed. For April's exam, I'll def use EET.

Yep.  I took EET for both breadth and depth Construction.  Covered everything I needed, and there were extras not in the binder that were posted on their shared directories online.  I pretty much only used the two binders, a printed copy of OSHA 29 CFR 1926 for the 8-hr exam.  I only opened CERM to confirm the steel weights.

Congrats to all,

I took School of PE for breadth/depth for Spring 2016 and passed on 1st attempt, but I have heard nothing but good things about EET 's breadth/depth review for the Construction.

Again congrats for passing one of the exam's a lower passing rate.   

Outside of School of PE/EET provided study material, did you use any other study material?  (NCEES practice exam, etc...)

What topics on ACI318 should I tab and become intimate with? I am familiar with some of the codes but there are a lot of odds and ends that they can ask for.

cuatona1, based on the NCEES Specifications, the only chapters of ACI318 that are applicable to the test are chapters 19, 20, 26 of the 2014 version.

I took EET for both breadth and Construction depth. Million thanks to EET. The course really helped me to pass the April 2017 PE Exam. In all honesty it helped me a lot for breadth and a lot for depth. For structural part there was a 3D complex problem on the exam and we exactly did that one in the structural portion of the EET structural review. Same for the other ones on the exam, I believe we did similar problems as the ones presented on the exam, no quite the same, but enough to figure them out on the exam. I know the test this time was structural heavy but found them very doable with the EET review. I did very well in the morning. For geotech, water and construction is extremely good. I took construction depth and the EET construction problems in the morning are similar to the ones on the exam, you can even solve depth problems with the morning information they present in construction.

For construction depth, I can tell you Samir is great. He makes the class interesting, challenging and is actually a pleasure to see him teach. In addition if you give him your opinions and experience, he does research about your questions and sends you more information about that topic. His course helped me pass this exam, in spite of having a personal problem 2.5 weeks before the exam- no study at all the last 2 weeks- I was able to pass because the help of this course. Overall this time the exam was difficult and with very unusual questions but I have to thank EET a lot for my success. Samir is simply the best I have seen teaching construction depth.

I highly recommend this course, it helped me to pass the exam 20 years after being out of school. I still cannot believe it.

Passed the PE construction first try. Take EET you will not regret it. It took me 3 times to pass the FE. I studied a great deal more but taking Samir's class was the best $550 I've spent in a long time! It's still a tough a$$ test you will have to study ALOT on the side but they give you a ton of information you will use on the test. I also recommend do not skimp out on the SP-4. I used it on 2 questions and they were both pretty much a straight look up. Probably could've used on on 2 more questions but didn't look through it completely like I should have before the test. It's a must for sure? 

man i just got hammered with eet's construction simulation exam. i felt like those were easily 10 min. questions, if the exam is that same level of difficulty i'm in trouble.

i just cant breeze through scheduling problems ultra-fast or i mess up. i'm having a hard time remembering the degree of difficulty of the construction questions in the last exam.

@WE WERE THE MULVANEYS, I took the EET WRE class a couple years back. Their practice exam was very challenging. It was good practice and let you know what to work on for the next couple weeks. The actual PE was easier, IMHO.

If you did all EET practice problems and participated in all the classes, you'll likely do fine on the exam. Good luck!! 

If scheduling is your hardest, leave those questions for the end. Another take away from this EET test is to simplify equations to solve problems quicker. After reviewing the solutions there were several he seemed to solve in half the steps it took me. 

@WE WERE THE MULVANEYS, like @matt267 PE, I took a different EET class in a past cycle (for me, structural depth, spring 2017). The depth simulation killed me (and the entire class) there, too. I think I got somewhere north of 50%, but not very far north, if I'm remembering correctly. It was definitely excellent practice for the exam itself. Don't get discouraged!

And I agree with @youngmotivatedengineer, save any problems you initially read as difficult (or know will take you more time) until the end. I actually found out that some of the problems I had initially thought were hard were simpler than I had initially thought. In my opinion, it's also good for one's confidence to do the problems they're very comfortable doing and can do quickly first, saving the longer ones (even if you know the process to get the answer thoroughly) for later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same thing,i had simulation construction test,i felt it was realy not easy,for me i need at least 6 hours to compleate,i felt realy bad after test.

Back