Need help to give advice to single line diagram with AGM storage battery

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David

Reaction score
I am a graduate engineer. I really need your help to give me advice to complete single line diagram with AGM storage battery.
attachment.php
The picture above is my single line diagram. I keep reading the battery design guide, but I lack of working experience for it.The scope is as follows:This is a house, the electric system is 200A, 120/240V single phase, three wire.The client wants to use 6V AGM storage battery as a backup power to feed existing 100A sub-panel.I just make a summary about what I learn:1. Select invertera. Determine the total wattage requiredI get puzzled by how to determine the total wattage. I need to ask the client which load he wants to feed.b. Determine the inverter size. Total VA=Total wattage/Efficiency, Efficiency=0.7~0.9?2. Select battery sizea. Determine DC Amperage: Total wattage/12VDC?b. Determind active runtimec. Estimated battery amp-hour requiredEstimated battery amp-hour= DC Amperage X active runtime x 1.2

Back