PE Exam Failures, share your score breakdown...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alpha Dawg

Reaction score
Tell us which test you took and your AM/PM scores.

No shame in failing. My motto is: I never lose, I either win or I learn. 

Absolutely no shame in the game. 66% percent for me power PE. Will go back at it in April 

Attempting to calculate the curve is useless. It subject specific. 

Ive seen previous threads where 56 of 80 failed and that's an actual 70 (no curve)! 

Last year I remember for each discipline you could kind of figure out what the cut score might have hypothetically been by sharing your # right on whatever discipline. I figured the passing score was 56 right on civil structural in April and I got 52. But that's just what I convinced myself of. And if Texas takers shared their passing #correct that could help too. Not that it matters really. Your diagnostic is a great indication of what you need to focus on and how many problems of each area were on it

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Attempting to calculate the curve is useless. It subject specific. 

Ive seen previous threads where 56 of 80 failed and that's an actual 70 (no curve)! 
Can confirm that 56/80 was a fail for Aprils Mechanical exam from my diagnostic.

got a 71 in Texas, 70 was passing. if you pass they don't tell you how many you got right. 

Sorry to jump in on this thread. But for anyone that passed, will the NCEES website allow you to register for the April exam? Does it show the following or does it say that "exams of this type have already been passed".
699277f5e1bbd9033932020a30a08d07.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Can confirm that 56/80 was a fail for Aprils Mechanical exam from my diagnostic.
Can we see proof of this, screen shot of diagnostics? Just trying to confirm or dispel an urban legend. In talking with some colleagues, one of which that use to serve on state licensing board, the consensus was that 55/80 typically guaranteed a passing score, though NCEES can adjust cut score from one cycle to the next. We all have heard of people who say they failed with scores above 54, but we've never seen anyone produce a diagnostics showing this.

@doubleH, no it doesn't allow you to register for an exam that you've already passed. It says "Exams of this type have already been passed"
So just to confirm, you passed the October 2016 exam and are seeing that message in trying to register for the same exam? Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

So just to confirm, you passed the October 2016 exam and are seeing that message in trying to register for the same exam? Thanks.
Yeah, just tried it and all the PE exams say "Exam of this type has already been passed."  I passed the OCT-2016 exam.

5 hours ago, doubleH said: So just to confirm, you passed the October 2016 exam and are seeing that message in trying to register for the same exam? Thanks.
Yeah, just tried it and all the PE exams say "Exam of this type has already been passed."  I passed the OCT-2016 exam.
Cool, thanks.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Back