Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TNPE

TENNESSEE!!!!

77 posts in this topic

On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 5:48 PM, TNPE said:

Congrats @REsonance503!  Good to know we weren't alone.

Valid observation

8 hours ago, Kam said:

Username checkout but unstable.

Valid

On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 5:48 PM, TNPE said:

Congrats @REsonance503!  Good to know we weren't alone.

Valid observation

18 minutes ago, REsonance503 said:

Has anyone received their written result yet?

No, Mrs. Phillips in Nashville said they were mailed Monday.  USPS must be dragging their blankey, and their feet, cause it's Christmas... My brother mailed a package from Jackson last Friday and I didn't receive it until yesterday.  Carrier pigeons or the pony express would be more expeditious.  Guaranteed!!

I received mine yesterday (12/16) and will be mailing my $140 check today.

Just now, TNSparky said:

I received mine yesterday (12/16) and will be mailing my $140 check today.

The letter was dated December 9 though.

I actually received my physical stamp yesterday but no letter yet. I figured that would take forever so I ordered it right away. More symbolic than anything else, I won't be stamping DWGs at this point in my career. Alphabet soup next to your name opens doors at my employer.

Still no letter for me, but chattanooga mail is bad. How big was the envelope you guys got?

3 hours ago, Charles Webb said:

Still no letter for me, but chattanooga mail is bad. How big was the envelope you guys got?

It was a normal sized envelope. Said "Tennessee Dept of Commerce and Insurance" in top left of envelope. Had a letter inside.

4 hours ago, REsonance503 said:

@TNSparky I'm pretty sure we met and spoke briefly at the testing center. Same employer correct?

@REsonance503. Possibly? Do you work for the power company (big one)?

1 hour ago, TNSparky said:

@REsonance503. Possibly? Do you work for the power company (big one)?

I can neither confirm or deny employment with a certain three letter acronym. I do work with telecommunications that directly support power.

17 hours ago, REsonance503 said:

I can neither confirm or deny employment with a certain three letter acronym. I do work with telecommunications that directly support power.

I, too, work for a three-lettered power company, but not the one you do.  

Got my letter today, now the wait for when we show up as official on the web. Any bets on how long that will take?

1 hour ago, REsonance503 said:

Got my letter today, now the wait for when we show up as official on the web. Any bets on how long that will take?

I would guess ~30 days

13 hours ago, REsonance503 said:

I'm going with about two weeks after the check clears.

You may be right.  I'm just so used to processes like this taking much longer than they should, at least superficially.  I will say the TN State Board has been pleasant to work with and they do expedite better in relation to how other Boards appear to operate.

For a comity application, they took a bit longer than other states. I received the email saying I was good to go a month ago. Still waiting for my license and wallet card.......

1 hour ago, TNPE said:

You may be right.  I'm just so used to processes like this taking much longer than they should, at least superficially.  I will say the TN State Board has been pleasant to work with and they do expedite better in relation to how other Boards appear to operate.

I agree. It's a been a pleasure communicating with Wanda Phillips.

FYI,

Last spring they did not mail out certificates until  late September.  They presented them at an awards dinner sponsored by TSPE/NSPE/ACEC and mailed them if you did not attend the dinner.  

I agree on Wanda Phillips.  If you get a survey, give her Kudos for helping out. 

4 minutes ago, ruggercsc said:

FYI,

Last spring they did not mail out certificates until  late September.  They presented them at an awards dinner sponsored by TSPE/NSPE/ACEC and mailed them if you did not attend the dinner.  

I agree on Wanda Phillips.  If you get a survey, give her Kudos for helping out. 

The certificate or the actual license card. Having both of them is great but in terms of being called an actual PE and getting the benefits of that the card is what I'm after.

3 minutes ago, Charles Webb said:

The certificate or the actual license card. Having both of them is great but in terms of being called an actual PE and getting the benefits of that the card is what I'm after.

Just the certificate.  You will get a license and card via USPS as soon as you pay the fee and they process it.

1 person likes this